We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PSG Soccer Game

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
PSG Soccer Game

Could someone please tell me what Virages and 1/4 Virages means on the seating chart for the stadium where PSG plays in Paris. These are the cheapest seats.

Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
541 Reviews
from US$73.00*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
656 Reviews
from US$74.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,213 Reviews
from US$122.20*
Eiffel Tower and Louvre Museum...
821 Reviews
from US$124.70*
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PSG Soccer Game

Here's my guess:

1/4 Virages means "partially obstructed view"

Virages means "obstructed view"

Correct?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PSG Soccer Game

Virages are behind the goals and 1/4 virages are in the corner.

Beware that the virages are where the ultras stand and can be unpleasnt at times. As a tourist I would suggest another area of the stadium or the 1/4 virages. If you are determined to be in the action then choose Auteil end rather than Boulogne.

I usually sit in the tribune presidentielle but all seats have decent views.

The stadium has seen better days and refreshments are mediocre

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PSG Soccer Game

Thank you so much FatChris. I've been to the stadium before to see several soccer games. However, I've never been the person to purchase the tickets so I was unclear about the details. Your information is very helpful.

Tampa
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PSG Soccer Game

It's interesting, it sounds like they are saying "P.E.G." when they talk about the team on Radio France and France 3 t.v. podcasts. I assume that is the same team.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PSG Soccer Game

pe Es ji

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PSG Soccer Game

Paris Saint-Germain. That is the name of the team.

FatChris on the seating chart it doesn't use the word "tribune"--just presidentielle. I figured one side of the field was for Paris fans (the "Paris" side?) and possibly the other side was for the other team's fans--or a portion of the other side. Of course, I want to sit with the Paris fans. Where do the other team's fans sit?

I don't want to be with the people who stand and get wild. So I guess I need to splurge for a more expensive ticket.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hotel Saint Germain
Hotel Saint Germain
912 Reviews
Paris, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
109 Reviews
Paris, France
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PSG Soccer Game

You will not be able to buy tickets for the away team unless you visit their website. They sit in the corner between the Auteil and Presidentielle. They are encased in a giant cage and net for protection.

The Paris tribune is named that because it is on the "Paris" side of the stadium, the view from Paris and Presidentielle is identical. The 1/4 virage will be less rowdy but you will still be near the noise.

Which fixture are you planning to attend?

Edited: 14 July 2011, 22:16
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
109 Reviews
Paris, France
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PSG Soccer Game

I guess I didn't write clearly. I don't want to buy tickets for the "away team." I want to be sure that I buy tickets for the Paris team so I was considering sitting on the "Paris" side of the field--I just made an assumption that the "home team" fans would sit there.

I understand that the view is the same regardless of sitting on the Paris side or the Presidentielle side. I am just unfamiliar with the word "tribune" and when I look up the seating chart on the www.psg.fr website, neither the map of the stadium nor the pull-down chart of the seating areas and corresponding prices uses the word "tribune."

I am considering going to the PSG vs. Nice game. I really wanted to see PSG vs. Lyon but apparently that game is being played in Lyon--and although I am going to Lyon, I won't be there until a few weeks later.

I've always gone with someone to the soccer games in Paris. I know that people get rowdy there. I am actually considering going by myself because I don't have anyone to go with on September 21st and I love soccer that much! I would need to do it in a way where I feel safe. I definitely don't want to be in the student/rowdy section all by myself. If I got a regular seat I would probably feel fine. I could even ask someone I trusted to walk with me to the Metro. I don't walk around scared in Paris. However, these soccer games can get rowdy--especially if Paris wins.

If there is anyone on this Forum who would also like to have someone to go with to the PSG vs. Nice game, please message me.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
109 Reviews
Paris, France
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PSG Soccer Game

You should not be overly concerned for your safety. Sensible behaviour and a ticket in the Paris side of the stadium will be perfectly civilised

Tribune is simply the french word to describe the main stands along the sides of the pitch.

Mentioned in this post
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
109 Reviews
Paris, France
Oregon
Level Contributor
5,195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PSG Soccer Game

Oh--thanks for the clarification.

I went to the France vs. Scotland soccer game in September 2009 and I waited for my friends outside of the stadium for about 30 minutes. I felt perfectly safe. I am not a worrier. It is just that when you combine sports, drinking, and large crowds, caution is advised.

Thanks so much FatChris. You have answered all of my questions and I am grateful.

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom