We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

watching tour de france - best place?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
watching tour de france - best place?

Hello - we are in paris when the tour de france ends and would like a decent view if possible. Could anybody recommend a good viewing spot (bearing in mind we have 2 children) so don't really want to be in a "ten deep crush" at a barrier.

I have seem some threads recommending place de la concorde - just wondered what sort of view that would afford?

Any recommondations welcone.; thanks

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

Then keep away from Champ Elysse somewhere down at Rue the Rivoli which is where I will be go to the Champ Elysse to see the show and cavalcade but leave before the race rolls in.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

I always recommend the Seine corner of the Louvre. The Tuileries side has a good view down on the riders as they head for the Tuileries tunnel. The outer side on the quay has a great view of the riders coming up the side of the Tuileries before turning into the tunnel.

The best thing about the Tuileries is that you can picnic there for hours before the Tour finally arrives around 15:45. If anybody needs to use a toilet for about 4 hours, that can be a problem, so you need to study all possible options before settling on a location.

dumbarton
Level Contributor
54 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

What day is it in Paris

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

Sunday

Belfast
Level Contributor
506 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

What are the options for toilets in that area? I would never last 4 hours

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

Thanks for comments

wrappido - What is the Rue de Rivoli like? Is it less congested? Is there access to toilets if children (or adults!) need them? Will we get a decent view?

Kerouac - thanks again - the gardens at the tuilleries sound fab. Again are there toilets nearby and will the view be decent - or are we high up from the road?

Cheers

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

Threre are toilets at the entrance to the park near the ferris wheel and plenty of restaurants on Rue de Honour.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

I have no toilet solution. Grin and bear it.

(The Ferris wheel -- which is not there of course -- is located, when it is there, at Place de la Concorde, at the absolute other end of the Tuileries.)

Edited: 17 July 2011, 22:49
Belfast
Level Contributor
506 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

Oh dear. Sounds like Rue de Honoure for me then

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,331 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: watching tour de france - best place?

One of the posterson the Dublin forum found this site I dont know how to post a link but it is.www.sitorsquat.com/ssitorsquat/home/index apparently it covers most of Europe and I know it covers Paris so as they say drop what your doing and watch the race and who nicked the ferris wheel.