We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Ile de saint louis

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Paris Ile de saint louis

will be in paris may 2012. I have picked both the 8th arrondissment

and the Ile de saint louis area to look for week long apartment

rentals--which district is better--we are active seniors and will

use public transportation when necessary. thank you

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

Ills St Louis is much more central and more convenient to get to tourist sites if that is what you want.

However it would be helpful if you expanded a bit and let us know what you want from Paris and the exact addresses. The 8 th are address may be nearer the metro station. And sites you wishful visit.

Denise

Live from England

Edited: 29 July 2011, 21:55
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

we haven't found the exact apt. yet just investigating a lot on Internet.

It's quite confusing looking at all the listings.

We want a quiet, safe and picturesque neighborhood--just a lg. studio

or 1 bedrm apt. We are great walkers and know that the Metro is

very good everywhere in Paris. Really like Ile de Saint Louis but wonder

if it's worth the extra money is cost there? The 8th also looks pretty

good but doesn't seem to have the ambience of "St. Louis." Thanks

very much--We still love U.K. best of all vacations!!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

We stayed in this apartment on Ile de la Cite in June and loved it:

http://www.paris-view-sur-seine.blogspot.com/

Search "apartment" in the Paris forum and you will get lots of information. These two agencies are mentioned often: http://www.parisbestlodge.com/ and http://www.vacationinparis.com/

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

traveler5404, I would suggest renting an apartment on Ile St. Louis instead of the 8th district.

So Cal
Level Contributor
401 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

We have just done a thorough apartment search ourselves, having settled on one in the 6th. But Ile St. Louis was also at the top of our list, and we found the rental agency Guest Apartment Services to be extremely helpful. Here is a link to just one of the apartments that this agency manages,which we considered:

guestapartment.com/properties/…lilas.html

By going to the above page, you can click on more info about the agency. They seem to offer some extra support, such as "concierge" type services, which I think would be helpful.

Australia
Level Contributor
363 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

I stayed in Ile-Saint-Louis for a month this year and found it to be perfect for ease of access to a number of metro stations and very central for walking to many areas.

The area was a beautiful one to come home to every evening. I loved walking over the bridge behind Notre Dame to be welcomed home by all the buskers on the bridge, where I would stand with with crowd and be entertained before my final steps home.

Facilities on the Island are excellent with a great butcher, bakeries and a fromagerie, and also a couple of little supermakets and a 10minute walk to a number of larger supermarkets in the Marais(St Pauls metro).

The rental agency I went with was My Apartment in Paris which I found had reasonably priced apartments . They were very professiional to work with and seemed keen to satisfy the client.

Here is a link to the apartment I stayed in which I just loved

my-apartment-in-paris.com/en/…ref-T04367

California
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

Generally, I'd pick the Ile St. Louis over the 8th, but as Denise inferred, there might be certain places in the 8th that could be an exception. Instead of considering Ile St. Louis and the 8th, perhaps it would be better to compare the island with areas in the 5th & 6th near the river.

I've stayed in Lilas, referenced by Mrswebdweeb above, and loved it. You can't go wrong with Guest Apartment Services. They do offer lots of extras you don't get elsewhere.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
75 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

I too stayed on the Ile in September, in an apartment & loved it. If you are active, Notre Dame/S Chapelle are 5 minutes away and you can get to the Louvre, Latin Quarter and St Germaine in 15 minutes. The most convenient metros are Pont Marie or Cite and the RER B to Eiffel or Versailles is very close too. I used parisaddress.com and stayed in Pont121B and was very happy. There were no separate agency or cleaning fees.

los altos...
Level Contributor
455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

We recently stayed with Guest Apartment on Ile St. Louis for 2 weeks. We loved the location for all the reasons Annette says. Guest Apartment has a office right there on the island and can give you advice while you are staying there. They are a top notch business.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
567 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris Ile de saint louis

I also recommend Guest Apartment Services to see what is available on Ile Saint Louis.