We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

North Carolina
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

Hi everyone,

So here is the deal I arrive 0900 at CDG. I only have the weekend (this weekend) as I am in Europe on a business trip. I am staying at the Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel.

I know some things that I would like to see like the Eiffel Tower, The Louve, Notre Dame Cathedral, Musse de Rodin, St. Chapelle, Champs-Élysée, and Last but not least do a Seine river cruise. Lord knows this list can go on and on so can someone help me.

Let me know what is a def. a must do and how in the world can I do it!!!

Thanks so much!

Notre Dame Cathedral
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Churches & Cathedrals
Sainte-Chapelle
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Basilica du Sacre-Coeur de Montmartre
Historic Sites, Architectural Buildings, Churches & Cathedrals, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Tours de la Cathedrale Notre-Dame
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Calstock, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

Wow, ok well.

Assuming you are not arriving until the Saturday morning:

Taxi from CDG to hotel (you can’t waste time). Drop bags, Walk to the Trocadero, take pictures of the Eiffel Tower, cross bridge, look at queues (getting on for lunchtime you MIGHT be lucky), take river cruise from the foot of tower, check queues again on return. Lunch in café away from the tower, walk to Musée Rodin. Back to the Eiffel Tower, resign yourself to standing in line, go up it. Back over river, shower, change, dinner.

Sunday, hmmm tricky. Walk to the Arc de Triomphe, decide whether you have the time/energy to get all the way to the Louvre on foot. Walk part of the way on the Champs Elysées decide on taxi or Metro the rest of the way to the Louvre. You are a single woman, but the metro entrance to the Louvre avoids queuing outside. Along the north bank, lunch, on to the Ile de la Cité, Sainte Chappelle, Notre Dame, taxi up to Sacré Coeur, admire, round to the Place du Tertre, have portrait done, dinner off the square and back to hotel to collapse.

OR,

Sunday morning taxi to the rue Mouffetard market, down to the Left Bank for a stroll around and lunch, walk over to the Ile de la Cité and pick up from above.

The thing is, as you realise, you cannot do everything in two days. What about the Musée d’Orsay, the Cluny, the shopping . . . . .?

Good luck, pick what YOU want to see the first visit, wish I was there.

William.

Edited: 01 August 2011, 16:13
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

I would visit the Eiffel Tower first thing on Sunday. Going early is the only way to avoid some huge queue.

On the Ile de la Cite, you will find a lovely photo opportunity if you go straight to the end of the island by the Pont Neuf.

I personally really like Montmartre (high up in the North, accessible by the metro) for lunch and the Latin quarter for dinner; they represent a more artsy area of the city.

Le Louvre could take up to a day...so with you time frame, you may not have enough time.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,305 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

Would you consider a good look AT the Eiffel Tower instead of sctually climbing to the 2nd level or the top? (Remember that from the top of the Tower, you don't see the Tower itself--obviously.) If you would "settle" for that, you can admire the Eiffel Tower from a walk thru the Champ du Mars--and then admire it again later in the day if you take a Seine cruise after dark. You will "save" hours if you do it this way, and you can get a grand view of Paris from a different vantage point (such as atop the Arc d'Triomphe, which won't have a huge line).

Have you looked online to see if pre-purchase Eiffel Tower tix for next weekend are available? (If you have tickets to the top, that will save a lot of time in line--although you will still encounter crowds, spend lots of time in line waiting to get back down, etc.)

The basic problem with your itinerary is that you have indicated many of the most crowded sites as your destinations--the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Ste Chapelle. In order to enjoy Paris, you should consider trying to minimize the longest lines and biggest crowds, IMO.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

Thanks so much everyone. I actually arrive Friday Morning at 0900! So just a few more hours to get something in. My flight doesn't leave until around 2000 sunday night.

@William I love your guide!!! This is exactly how I feel about this trip. Run, Run, Run, and pass out!!! Excellent ideas, . I do want to do the Musée d’Orsay and shopping of course . My time schedule is so tight. ugh!!!! I will def. be coming back to Paris for a longer vacation! :(

@ Citygirl-on-tour I was thinking about doing the Eiffel tower sunday morning, everyone is telling me the Le Louvre is an all day event. I was thinking maybe Sat. Morning.

@mcal3K yes I know these are all the places everyone is telling me I should go. If you have any off beat places that are just as wonderful let me know I am pretty much up for anything. I want to occupy my time in paris well all though it is short. I looked for tickets for the Eiffel tower but they are all booked to go all the way to the top. I have found tickets to go to the 2nd floor though. I do like your idea of seeing the Eiffel tower from another view at night!

Hmmm decisions, Decisions!!!!!

Again thanks so much. I will take all of your ideas and make 1 heck of an Itinerary lol!!!! You guys are great. plus thanks for the Food ideas as I was thinking of that also!!

:)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
16 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

We went to Musee d' Orsay mid afternoon...it wasn't too busy! It was amazing!

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,305 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

The Louvre is open on Friday evenings until about 9:45. So you could spend your arrival day exploring Paris, and then the evening at the Louvre, followed by the Seine cruise at night.

Drop your bags at the hotel, and head for Notre Dame (by Metro). Explore the Cathedral and if the lines at Ste Chapelle aren't prohibitive, you can see Ste Chapelle as well. Head into the Marais for a casual meal--you can try the Lizard Lounge for a casual meal on a beautiful street (rue Bourg Tibourg), or you can head to rue des Rosiers if you're dying to try the falafel (at l'aus du falafel or--a saner place where you can be seated--Chez Marianne.)

From there, head to the Louvre. If time and your energy permit, you can walk along the Seine. If not, take Metro line 1.

If you enter the Louvre a bit before 7, you'll have almost 3 hours to explore.

Depart for you Seine cruise at 10 or so. Pont de l'Alma would probably be the most convenient point of departure for you.

The next morning, you can combine the d'Orsay with an overview of the 7th arr and a visit to the Tower. How long you want to devote to the lines and crowds is your decision. If you can get the pre purchase tix to 2nd floor, then that will help. The views from the 2nd are good. I personally would skip going up, but obviously it will depend upon your priority.

Spend the evening in the St Germain area around rue Buci. Walk along the quai by the Seine if you like--see Notre Dame lit up.

On Sunday, you can go to rue Mouffetard and see the Latin Qtr. or go to Montmatre to explore. The lovely market street rue des martyrs will be pedestrian only on Sunday til after lunch, and that will lead you into Montmartre if you head north.

Obviously you can switch that itinerary around a bit. Saturday evening are good for either Latin Qtr or Montmartre as well.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

Friday evening is excellent for the Louvre. It is usually quite uncrowded in the evenings.

Instead of wasting an hour in line at Sainte Chapelle, if there is a concert Saturday evening, go to that instead. It's a lovely way to see it, and it's relaxing after a hectic day of sightseeing. Otherwise, you should probably leave it for next time.

8. Re: Solo Female 1st trip to Paris Need Help w/ itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 15:16