We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October fashion week

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
408 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
October fashion week

I've been told at all costs to avoid Paris during a fashion week in October. I want to plan a week in Paris September-October, can anyone tell me when this show occurs? I'm having trouble figuring it out on line. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Singapore
Level Contributor
682 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October fashion week

try googling? i m not sure if this helps

2011 Paris Fashion Week Dates

- Live Stream

Autumn or Fall / Winter: March 1-7

Spring / Summer: October 1-7 | Men's Fashion, Menswear June 23-26

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
California
Level Contributor
7,527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October fashion week

September 27-October 5, 2011

gayot.com/lifestyle/fashion/fashionshows.html

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
408 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October fashion week

OK. Looks like 9-27 to 10-5 are the dates. Next question: Is it really a terrible time to visit Paris? Those dates are exactly when we wanted to go!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
California
Level Contributor
7,527 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October fashion week

I was in Paris for fashion week this past January, and there certainly weren't crowds for that one, at least nothing like we experienced last month. Several years back I was in Paris during the fall fashion week, and was totally oblivious--didn't realize it was going on until we got home and I read about it online! But I'm sure if you're staying right in the thick of things, it could be more crowded.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,593 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October fashion week

Very few people realize it is fashion week while they are here. It may be harder to get a room at the Ritz, the restaurant Davey will be packed and there is often a tent up in the Rodin museum gardens, but beyond that you won't even know its going on.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: October fashion week

phread, that's good to know. I was getting concerned that there would be masses of people. We are going Sept. 24 to Oct. 5 and I've been delegated as the initial planner. If there is a tent at the Rodin museum, are there fashion shows and can anyone attend? Thanks.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,220 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October fashion week

Fashion shows are by invitation only. The one thing I'd want to check is hotel availability and prices, not that ALL hotels are affected.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October fashion week

Tks Inna for your reply. Our accommodations are all booked.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,220 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October fashion week

You're welcome Chrisky. You've picked a lovely time - not too hot or cold and the city's hoppin' :)

10. Re: October fashion week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 04:15