We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time travelling to Paris

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Topic
1st time travelling to Paris

hi Senior travellers,

how many days are enough to enjoy the remarkable land marks of Paris,are a young couple having a kid of 6 years,so Eurodisney nd Effile tower is MUST ,but i m a lil bit confused about the heavy crowds nd long lines at these two places(as i got this from many reviwes)

one of our friends came yesterday 6 Aug 2011 from Paris,she gave us a very bad review about the heavy crowds nd the stincky smells over several places due to a rush of tourists there in Aug,she said i had just runied my vaccation,time nd money at my Paris visit.......'

these type of recent views discourage us to go there......

but indeed i want to get more reviews from other travellers,so i m asking u PPL,plz guide us .....waiting......

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

Hi sightlover64,

Crowds and long lines are unavoidable - you can,of course,make net bookings in advance for both ET and DL - do note that if you have to cancel the bookings for any reason,there will be no refunds.

I will not comment on your friend's remarks - everyone is entitled to his/her own views. DO visit Paris,you will not regret your decision,au contraire,you will enjoy the trip.

For Paris lovers,one month is also not enough. To see the principal sights 5 to 7 nights are OK,but basically it will depend on the number of days you can set apart for your trip.

Have fun.

arvind

Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

Arvind makes some great points! I'd recommend a week on Paris so that you can spend more time at the sights and not feel overly rushed. It's a big city with a lot to see - Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, boat tours, etc. Disneyland will obviously take up one of your days.

It's always extremely busy in August but it's also one of the best times to go as there's lots of festivals (many free!), Paris beach, and great weather. You can try to reduce your time spend in queues by getting there early and buying tickets in advance online. We also pack some drinks and food to keep the kids entertained while waiting!

If you have more time, then you could also consider taking your child to France Miniature and Parc Asterix.

Despite queues, you would never regret a trip to Paris as it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

thanx much.....

your recomendations nd my yesterday's research gave me the spirit to stand firm on the preplan trip to Paris

we have just booked a room in

Residhome Prestige Val d'Europe

Address 3, place Jean Monnet

Montévrain, 77144

France

nd we r travelling from Dubai by Emirates which will depart us at CDG

so plz guys tell me dat from CDG, what is the most easy nd economical way to reach there?

nd Is the Paris pass usefull in all regions,

the map research nd RER timetable gave me an impression dat

our hotel is good for ED but not for the main city

so i need help to get out from the tension of travelling in the city

last year went to switzerland nd got the swiss passes for 8 days

which was very helpfull nd usefull for our continous travelling

so i m searching the same ease nd relaxation in Paris....

again thanx for ur guiding replies

need some more......

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
491 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

Just a different perspective to share...

We spent 6 days in Paris and felt that was almost too much time for us on a first trip.

We loved Paris - it was our favorite city we have been to in Europe... but in 5 days we managed to see:

Pantheon, Walk the Latin Quarter, Lux Gardens, Notre Dame (tower climb and inside the church), memorial behind Notre Dame, Marais Walk, Pompidou Center, Place Vosages, The Louvre, The Rodin Museum, The Orsay, napoleon's tomb, walk around and explore St. Germaine, St. Sulpice church, Eiffel tower climb to the top, Arc de Triumphe, The Madeline, Walk past the opera house and shopping in that area too, Visit Sacre Coeur and walk around Montmarte & past Moulin Rouge, Go to Versailles, Visit the Cluny Museum, and much much more including the Orangerie (our favorite museum we went to) and taking a river cruise at night.

We like to keep moving. We stop and have a glass of wine, a cafe once or twice a day. Take time to people watch - but keep moving. We walked nearly everywhere in Paris and did so much. We were NEVER rushed... just moved at a comfortable constant pace. We had little planned during our days, but found ourselves with plenty of spare time to fit in other things and that was great with the Museum Pass because we could pop in and see napoleon's tomb when we had no interest in the army museum or go into the Pompidou Center with extra time on our hands when we were in the area and see only what interested us. You can "see" a lot of Paris when you walk from one place to the next.

Paris is lovely. I'm sure hot sticky crowds can be unpleasant - but that's the case anywhere. If it bothers you, then just adjust when you go (if you have that luxury). When we were there in June we had overcast/rainy days and found Paris was still lovely even though some of the sights were starting to get more crowded. The people are nice and it is a wonderfully open and beautiful culture (and language).

Have fun on your trip!

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

The crowd in Paris is unavoidable during the busy tourist season. Your accomodation is near to Disneyland but far from the centre of Paris. You should decide which is the main interest of your visit and stay near to that or you will spend time travelling. How many days you need will depend on how long you want to spend at each tourist spot. Some can spend days just at the Lourve and others maybe an hour or two. In any case, you can enjoy Paris the way that suits you best.

Ronald

http://paris-france-holiday.blogspot.com/

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

You don't mention the total length of your stay, but have you considered spending the bulk of your time at a hotel actually IN Paris? The Disney hotel works for a couple of nights while you are visiting the park/s, but not after that. You will want to be in Paris itself, I assume? I would encourage you to look for a hotel within the city and not to spend your whole trip in Montevrain.

Edited: 09 August 2011, 06:20
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

I am in Paris now...having spent three days at disneyland at the beginning of our trip. While it is crowded, it is totally manageable. At disneyland we always made sure we had a fastpass for something while riding something else. We never waited more than 15 min. for anything except Crush.

Paris is very manageable as well. We had our tickets for the eiffel tower ahead of time and we were all the way to the top in thirty mins. At the louvre we went in through the Carrousel...bought my museum pass and we were on our way...no waiting. Have fun and dont let one persons opinion discourage you!

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

thanx alot for all ur nice nd helping comments,

was bz with my some bookings nd plans

so guys from Geneva to Paris which is the best option for travelling??

nd should i get the Eurodisney Passes online?

nd the city bus tour for Paris which company is good

nd is there any green feild near to Paris??

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

nd 1 more thing i wish to ask IS there any type of Pass which will give us releif in both countries ,Switzerland nd France?????

or i have to take the Swiss pass nd Paris pass separetaly???

Dubai, United Arab...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time travelling to Paris

hi

what is the difference b/w the two Parks of Disneyland???