We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White pants in Paris in September

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
White pants in Paris in September

We will be in Paris 2-19 September 2011 and wonder if one still wears nice white pants or jeans, or is it too late in the session?

Searched the Forum for other input and found none.

Thank you.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
342 reviews
from US$60.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,253 reviews
from US$105.45*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
533 reviews
from US$43.63*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
664 reviews
from US$107.87*
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White pants in Paris in September

No one will care what you're wearing.

However, white pants are impractical...they'll get dirty very quickly out and about, on public transportation, sitting all about, around the pockets from dirty hands.

I love white slacks in summer, but only for road trips when I can pack several pairs or if I'll have access to a washer/dryer.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,835 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White pants in Paris in September

Well, I would wear whatever you feel comfortable with... As djkbrooks suggests you might find white trousers quickly get dirty, though...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White pants in Paris in September

As djkbooks and Riostar have said, wear whatever makes you comfortable. I also agree that white trousers are not particularly practical in Paris. I just bought a new pair when I was in the States and was looking forward to wearing them here. It took a while before I could because I didn't want to wear them when it is raining because the water from the streets and sidewalks can be dirty and make black splash marks. And when I was finally able to wear them they managed to pick up quite a bit of dirt from the metro and the bus...and I did need to sit on the ground to take a photo of some dancers.

Everyone always comments on how much black people wear here but I think that there's a reason...

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White pants in Paris in September

Whiteoaks I understand you Torontonians discard white clothes in September. Right? It doesn't seem to be a problem in Europe so if you are happy with white pants then wear them. However, the other posters do have a point regarding the practicality of white trousers in a city, without the possibility or convenience of washing them.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White pants in Paris in September

Pink pants, yellow pants, blue pants..... we don't care in Paris! We have seen it all.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White pants in Paris in September

<<It took a while before I could because I didn't want to wear them when it is raining because the water from the streets and sidewalks can be dirty and make black splash marks.>>

My first raincoat was taupe to match!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White pants in Paris in September

Thank you for your helpful comments!

I will take my white pants, and since I have several pairs the gathering dirt should not be too much of a problem.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: White pants in Paris in September

Good for you. Am I right about white clothes being a No No in Toronto in September? That's what my friends in Toronto tell me.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: White pants in Paris in September

Having said that I can tell you I wore my white trousers in Toronto in September and no one batted an eyelid. As long as the weather is good who cares, certainly not me.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: White pants in Paris in September

Hello Danny G ...

From what I understand, re Toronto one stops wearing white pants and shoes with the ending of summer or seeing it the other way, at the beginning of Fall which I believe is September 21 or so. I do see things the way you do ... wear what you wish.

Edited: 07 August 2011, 19:17