We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pauls!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pauls!

Does anyone know if there is still Paul's deli at the Opera metro stop? It was a quick food place with the best ham & cheese baguette sandwiches on the go I found in Paris! :)

Thanks!

Alison

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pauls!

Here's the link to Paul locations in Paris:

www.paul.fr/fr/magasins-adresses.php…

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pauls!

Thank you SO much for this! I appreciate it. Paul's has more of a sentimental value from my first visit to Paris. :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pauls!

I like Paul's too. Many people dismiss it because it's a chain and the bread is not baked on the premises so it is therefore not a boulangerie, but I always seek them out when I return to Paris as well.

I had a sesame baguette with camembert and lettuce about 3 visits ago, and now I always like to have one when I'm there.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pauls!

I prefer the fresh bread but when I'm sightseeing and don't want to stop for a meal - I love Pauls. :) They aren't expensive and they fill you up. I'm good! LOL! :)

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pauls!

I like Paul, too. I actually had my first macaron there and it was amazingly good. Besides, they're owned by Laduree!

Paris
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pauls!

They are not owned by Ladurée, but rather by the same group that owns Ladurée, Groupe Holder.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,795 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pauls!

I am shocked that they are associated with laduree as the only inedible macaron I have ever had in Paris was from a Paul's on the outskirts of Paris

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pauls!

And Le Nôtre is owned by the Brioche Dorée group or some such.

I have more respect for McDonalds which sells reasonably priced macarons and other French pastry in its McCafé concept, making a point of selling the same coffee drinks as Starbucks but with a French touch and without the awful brownies and muffins.

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pauls!

I'd never walked into a McDonald's in Paris, but was told the coffee is actually pretty good. But macarons? At McDonald's? I might have to try it out just out of curiosity.

I will admit to eating a sandwich with a coffee at a Parisian Starbucks, though.

I have, obviously, had macarons since the ones at Paul (they were my first), and there have been better, but it was still was good enough to get me hooked.

I have eaten quite a few sandwiches at La Brioche Doree. It's a good inexpensive option. Especially for breakfast when it's just 1,99 Euros for an espresso and a croissant or pain au chocolat.

Edited: 16 August 2011, 18:18
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pauls!

I know I'm in the minority, but those darn macarons just are so icky sweet and they get stuck in your teeth and after eating them my teeth feel like little sweaters have been knitted on to them.

Edited: 16 August 2011, 18:19