We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights - 3 days - would like to see paris & disney...

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights - 3 days - would like to see paris & disney...

we r 2 adults 2 kids (4 & almost 1) planning to visit paris fo rthe 1st time this dec. was thinking of doing 2 days seeing paris and 1 day at diney or vice versa. Is it doable?

would it make sense to stay in one of the disney hotels or somewhere closer to paris (eifel tower area)? we will be using public transit.

thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights - 3 days - would like to see paris & disney...

Having returned from a trip in July. I would say with such a short time there, I would not waste a day in Disney - especially if you are near Cali or Fla...

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights - 3 days - would like to see paris & disney...

Is your trip 3 days total? If so, it doesn't seem too workable. You'll need to consider jet lag, December weather, and the age of the kids. Maybe think a bit about the primary focus of the trip. If it's Disney, then stay there so the kids can see a significant part of it (and that probably requires 2 days, especially with the long trip and the winter weather), Then take a day trip into Paris just to get the flavor and inspire a future trip. On the other hand, if it's Paris you want to see, skip Disney this time.

Another suggestion would be to come out here to LA in December--it's often great weather here then, so you could get more out of Disney. (And depending upon where you are in Canada, you'll have a shorter flight, less jet lag.)

canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights - 3 days - would like to see paris & disney...

hey thanks, may be I'll just stick to seing paris then. The reason we thought of disney is becasue we arrive onchristmas morning and everything else will be closed so figured well spend a day at diney and then spend next 2 days covering paris with a hop-on hop of tour.

Any other suggestions for christmas day?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,844 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights - 3 days - would like to see paris & disney...

Well normally I would agree with other posters,, skip Disney,, but you have a good point,, there won't be alot open on Xmas day,, so perhaps your plan is not bad. I personally would stay in paris and then train it to Disney for the day( its only 40-45 minutes). My kids were not blown away by Disney Paris,, they were 11 and 14. Its not as good as the one in LA in my opinion,, other then the Indiana Jones ride which 14 yr old loved.

Your kids are awfully young,, they may be really tired and cranky first day,, so.. it may be an "interesting" trip.

5. Re: 3 nights - 3 days - would like to see paris & disney...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 01:16