We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Students travelling through Paris!!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Students travelling through Paris!!

Hi!,

We're heading on a interrailing trip next year and are looking to stay in Paris for a few night but we have no idea where's the best spot to stay or how to go about it! Should we go for an apartment, hotel or hostel?? Also whereabouts is the best area to stay? We'd want to be central enough and close to the train station and all the sights and the nightlife, but also dont want to spend too much or end up in a dump!! Any help or ideas would be great!!

Cheers!!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,572 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Students travelling through Paris!!

If you're young( or young at heart) and on a budget,, Paris has a few nice hostels I would book. I think one popular one is the MIJE ( I hope I got that one right),, and a girl I worked with stayed at the ST Christophers and like it too. At hostels you will meet alot of fun people( of all ages), and I believe the MIJE one is in a fun lively area. I do know if planning on a summer trip its a good idea to book your stay,, they fill up .

Edited: 23 August 2011, 15:42
Snohomish...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Students travelling through Paris!!

Before giving any advice, you'll need to figure out your budget, followed by what train station you wish to be near. Paris has several train stations all over the city that mostly run to different regions, so you'll need to decide where you'll be coming from and where you'll head next if you want to stay close by.

For students, most recommend the Latin quarter or the Bastille, for those areas tend to have the best nightlife and if you know where to look, student deals; the Marais is another popular area you might want to check out. Do a search for threads on these areas and you'll find roughly 20 per day...no kidding.

Come back with a budget for housing and loose travel plans and I can give you more advice.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Students travelling through Paris!!

Paris has cafes bars etc all over the city not just in one centre.Geographically the centre of Paris is right in front of Notre Dame cathedral

.Prices for accommodation and restaurants and beer vary greatly in all areas.Either check out the various hotel booking websites or maybe Airbandb who do apartments that might better suit your group.

worcester, uk
Level Contributor
437 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Students travelling through Paris!!

If you are under 26 & eu citizens, then you get free entry to the louvre and other museums as well as reduced rates to places like the effiel tower. (I am sure that another reviewer can direct you to websites that give details).

The area between les halles and the pomedoiu centre has some excellent bars that have happy hour from 5ish to 8/9 every evening.

5. Re: Students travelling through Paris!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2011, 21:05
6. Re: Students travelling through Paris!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2012, 22:16