We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Day Paris Visit

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
3 Day Paris Visit

We are wondering where to stay in Paris. It is our 1st visit from Canada. We plan is to take in the major attractions, enjoy some great restaurants. Any suggestions on a nice, clean, reasonably priced hotel. We are both over 6 ft tall and do not want to feel claustrophobic in a small room. price range $200 - $300 a night.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

There are lots of places to suggest, perhaps you can help narrow down your search by letting us know what type of neighbourhood you would like to stay in? Very quiet? Lively nightlife? Does it need to be close to the attractions?

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

Hi Suzanne. After doing some more research, I think we would like to be right in the center of Paris, close to sightseeing and attractions.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

Leah, most of the attractions and sights are in Paris proper, the area surrounded by the ring road called "boulevard peripherique). in other words you have 20 districts to chose from!

In order to make sure THAT most of the districts would have their fair share of tourists, when they built Paris they spread the sights nearly all over the place....

aviewoncities.com/paris/arrondissements.htm

europeupclose.com/article/…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
849 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

The Hotel Europe Saint Severin is reasonably priced and in a great central location. The rooms are on the small side but that is pretty common in Europe. The hotel link is attached below.

www.hoteleurope.net/English--Home.phtml

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,995 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

Try the Millesime on rue Jacob.

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

Hi there. Thanks for the info. I was reading about the 20 arrondissements and I think that each has many unique characteristics, culture and entertainment to suit our likes and needs. Looking forward to our tour.

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

Wow! This is a beautiful hotel Hotel Europe Sainte-Severin. Thanks for the referral. Just what I had in mind and the prices are very reasonable. I like the location too. If you go to google maps, you can see street views as well as 360 degree views.

Edited: 01 September 2011, 19:14
Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

The Millesime looks like another great stay. Thanks for the info.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

Hi there

In July we stayed at the Hotel Brighton on the rue de Rivoli. We requested a deluxe room and the views were "postcard' Paris - Eiffel Tower, The Louvre and Tuileries. We wanted something different this year as we were only in Paris for a short stay before driving Western France.The room was big and spacious (good for tall people) and beautifully appointed.On previous holdays, I have stayed in The Marais (4th Arr) and that really is my area of choice - I love this area of Paris - lively and vibrant and great shops. Also, it is only a short stroll to some major attractions such as The Bastille and Notre Dame.

Kind Regards

Merran

10. Re: 3 Day Paris Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 20:17