We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Veggie friendly restaurants?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Veggie friendly restaurants?

Can anyone recommend some vegetarian friendly restaurants in Paris (in 5th & 6th arondissements)?

Thank you in advance,

-Kay

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Veggie friendly restaurants?

This website lists a bunch, with some reviews:

http://nwfolk.com/vegparis.html

Washington State
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Veggie friendly restaurants?

Happycow.com also has a Paris section in their travel area. I will probably print out that page and carry it with me when we go.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,178 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Veggie friendly restaurants?

Almost every cafe in Paris serves salade au chevre chaud, a green salad with hot goat cheese on toast. If you eat dairy you will have no problems.

If you eat eggs, try La Cigale Remaier for a great dining experience. Souffles featuring the latest finds in the local market.

boston
Level Contributor
330 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Veggie friendly restaurants?

If you can muddle your way through the cityvox website (google cityvox) - Put Paris in for your city, English for your language, the 5th arrondissment (I think it will let you do one at a time for location) from the guide tab, choose restaurants. It's messy but the screening process for restaurants has 'vegetarian' and I think 'organic' for criteria. Then you can look at opinions, stars (awarded by people who dined there, not michelin stars), prices, phone numbers, hours, etc.

It's a nice website for restaurants - you just have to play with it. Helps if you know French because some of the reviews, etc., have not been translated.