We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Olympia Hall seating

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
L'Olympia Hall seating

My wife and I will be in Paris Sept. 24 to Oct 1. We have booked tickets on line at L'Olympia for the Jimmy Buffett concert 9/26. (OK no snarky comments. Wife loves him and its our 25th anniversary return trip to Paris.) We have cat 3 orchestre "seats". My question is are these actually seats or are we in a standing room only area? No seat numbers appear on our order confirmation. One review of L'Olympia on TA noted that the seats have no numbers but the tickes do. Festival seating? I ask this because we went to see BB King at the House of Blues in Cleveland and were in the standing room only section. We knew this ahead of time but we were standing for 4.5 hours. We just want to be prepared if we are going to have a long night on our feet. Thanks for your input. I have enjoyed reading all the advice from the expert posters over the past few months as we prepare for our trip.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

There will be seats for Jimmy Buffet. The seats are only removed for very rare occasions.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

Formidable! My knees feel better already. Thanks for your input K2.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

Depends where you are. We were at the Jimmy Buffett show last September at the Olympia and we were on the floor, which was standing room only. The upper deck still had seats. Check the seating chart on the Olympia website to see where your tickets are situated.

Have a great time ~ Jimmy gave a great show and he spoke French surprisingly well. The hall was full of Parrotheads!

Jo

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

Yes, I was wrong -- I just looked at the seating chart, and there are no seats in the orchestra for Jimmy Buffett. (You can easily see on the Olympia website by comparing the seating for somebody like Charles Aznavour to Jimmy Buffett.) www.olympiahall.com

Sherman, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

I have been attending JB's Paris concerts the past four years. L'Olympia removes the seats in the lower (first floor) section. It is standing room only, first come first serve. The mezzanine has seats, during the concert you can sneak up to rest your legs. The preferred tickets are the ones you have. You will be closer to Jimmy than possible here in the states. This concert is more like his old bar band days back in the '80's. Say hello, I am the goofball with the wild party pants and the sea plane cowboy hat. Fin's up ! Bruce

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

Bruce is bang on.We too have been to see Jimmy in Paris the past four years.Fly over from Ireland on Sunday morning.The floor is standing but it slopes slightly upward as it goes back.There is then a lower and upper balcony both of which are seats but most folk seem to stand/dance!There isn't really a bad view in the Olympia and if this is your first experience of Jimmy in Paris then you're in for a real treat.See you there!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
3,023 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

We have attended several concerts over the years and there are no seats on the main floor. I can recall we almost passed out waiting for Duffy when she played there a few years back. The place was packed, no one cares what "square" your on etc. and people pushed to the front. The worst was if you left to use the washroom you would never get near the front again. Her show was great but standing in the same spot for 6 hours was painful. If there are seats in the mezz try to get them.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

Yes you have seats. There is no standing room. The seats are not numbered but attendant knows which seats are which. The orchestra seats are good, you will be close. Just hope you have tickets which say "fauteuil" which means armchair and not "strapon" which means you have a funny little fold down seat on the aisle which is ok for only small people.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

Er... you are talking about something that happened a year ago... without seats downstairs.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,368 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: L'Olympia Hall seating

We are going to see Leonard Cohen at l'Olympia next Friday! Yay!