We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concert at La Madeleine

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Concert at La Madeleine

We want to go see a concert at La Madeleine. The last time we did that, we made a reservation on line well in advance, because we thought that it would "sell out." We made the reservation and then were told that we should pay when we arrived at the concert.

When we arrived, I tried to give someone my name and the printed reservation sheet, and was told that I could just buy tickets and that the reservation, and the piece of paper were really not needed.

So, this time, I'm trying to figure out if I should just "show up" or if I should make a reservation in advance.

Can you help?

THANKS

California
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concert at La Madeleine

Maybe it depends on the time of year you're going, but I was there for a concert in February 2010 and the place wasn't even 1/4 of the way filled. It's quite large. Would surprise me if it ever fills up, but perhaps for really special events it does. I would say just show up. Has anyone here ever been turned away because it was sold out?

Edited: 12 September 2011, 06:42
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,450 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concert at La Madeleine

the Madeleine is also the venue for numerous free concerts -- it seems to be the venue of choice for all those traveling church choirs who need a performance excuse for making the international trip

we have heard several choruses there as well as a brass quintet playing works by Bach (not THAT Bach but a more modern one who composed discordant music for brass)

3. Re: Concert at La Madeleine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 13:17