We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining near Le Madeleine

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dining near Le Madeleine

We are looking for a place to eat before a concert at Le Madeleine. A few years ago we ate at a small Italian resto a few blocks away -- I think it was called VISCONTI -- but I could be wrong. When I look on the web now, there is a Visconti Italian resto in Paris -- but it's not near Le Madeleine.

Can anyone help me on this? We'd love to return to the place if it's still there -- and if it's not, we'd like to find some other place for a casual but good meal.

THANKS

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

I believe there is a restaurant Visconti at the end of passage de la Madeleine (from the northwest corner of the Place next to Hediard) at rue de l'Arcade. (It was there last September...)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

It seems there are at least two restaurants Visconti in Paris, but the one near la Madeleine is stil there, in 4 Rue de l'Arcade, one block from la Madeleine: lafourchette.com/2_restaurant/…

restoclub.fr/paris/reservation-restaurant-re…

lesrestos.com/fiche-restaurant-paris/VISCONT…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

Out of curiosity, is the food really spectacular there? Based on the look of the decor and setting, the prices seem quite high. (17 euros for an appetizer, 30 or more euros for a plat and 55 euros for the prix fix - that just seems a little high based on the decor - although looks can of course be deceiving).

Just wondering.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

Spectacular? Like Jules Verne Spectacular? No. But it was excellent and the location was very convenient to Le Madeleine, where we were (and will be) hearing some music.

We had several other names of restos in the area and all of them were a dissapointment.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,246 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

THANKS!! -- I think that;s the place. You guys are great.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

At that price you can go to the bar at Sendersen's... He's a starred chef and his bars serves meals for theater goers, just like you. And its conveniently across the street from La Madeleine.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
20,949 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

Our favorite spot neat Place de la Madeleine is

www.royalmadeleine.com/english/indexen.html

8. Re: Dining near Le Madeleine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 00:18