We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris Rail Day Trip from London

Boston...
Level Contributor
192 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Paris Rail Day Trip from London

Hi Everyone,

I have searched through the forum on the topic and plan to do some more searching later. in the mean time as anyone ever done the day trip to Paris via Eurostar? I have seen reviews on evans evans day trip to Paris tour but not much on the one that can be purchased directly on eurostar's site. I'm currently considering the Paris Rail Day Trip from London for US$285.99; it includes local Paris guide, Level 2 Eiffel Tower, hop-on hop off bus tour and Seine River Cruise.

I'll be celebrating my 30th birthday and plan to travel to London just for 4 days but plan to squeeze in a day trip to Paris since I have been to London before and will likely return multiple times as family is there.

In London forum they have suggested viatour-whish is a go between-booking agent.

If anyone can suggest other tours I'd appreciate your feedback also. I plan to book a tour by the end of the week. Yes I know I can book and do on my own but this seems cheaper and smarter given the time frame (plus I might be doing this alone so don't want to go it without a guide).

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Paris Diner
The Paris Diner
113 Reviews
Paris, France
London
London
England, UK
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
119,425 Reviews
Paris, France
Seine River
Seine River
23,983 Reviews
Paris, France
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
22,635 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris Rail Day Trip from London

If you book through the Eurostar website all you are booking is a train to Paris and back - nothing else. If you want any of the extras you will have to find and pay for them yourself. That's why it isn't reviewed as a 'day tour'.

Re: Evan Evans: when they say 'guide', do they mean a person - or a booklet? As you say you don't want to go it alone without a guide, it might be worth checking ....

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
192 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris Rail Day Trip from London

I called viator this morning and they do actually have a guide and work with eurostar to provide that paris rail day tour. Looks like I'll be booking with them this evening. Thanks for the feedback.

Maryland
Level Contributor
514 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris Rail Day Trip from London

I did a one day visit to Paris from London about seven or eight years ago. It was one of the best days in my life.Left my London hotel around 0530, was in Paris around 10 and did a whirlwind of Notre Dame, Eiffel tower and Champs-Ellyses (sp) all via the wonderful Metro with a day pass and the most basic map. Back "home" in London by 2330.

My very basic high school french (from 30 yrs past) and some very kind and helpful Parisians made this a day that I still remember.

As a coincidence I'm doing a repeat with my 16 yr old daughter this coming March.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
London
England, UK
London Hotel
London Hotel
351 Reviews
Paris, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
119,425 Reviews
Paris, France
Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris Rail Day Trip from London

What you describe is very easily done on your own and for a lot less money. First Eurostar out in the AM. Get the HOHO bus at Gare du Nord where you will arrive and then find your way to the other attractions you want to see. Most will be on the HOHO itinerary. You can get the river cruise at the foot of the Eiffel Tower.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel At Gare du Nord
Hotel At Gare du Nord
602 Reviews
Paris, France
Eiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower
119,425 Reviews
Paris, France
Boston...
Level Contributor
192 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris Rail Day Trip from London

It seems I might have a travel partner after all in which case I might be more willing to do the tour independently. Train tickets currently $179. Guess we could purchase that and then when we arrive in Paris get tickets for the hoho bus

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
6. Re: Paris Rail Day Trip from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 15:16