We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France Business seats

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Air France Business seats

Bonjour

Can anyone tell me if it's worth the money to fly from Boston to Paris in the business seat section of Air France. The plane is a 340 airbus and I've heard the seats lie down flat which would be nice for an overnight flight. Anyone with any experience flying in business class on this plane I would appreciate any info you could give me.

Merci

Pattyg

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
153 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France Business seats

Worth what money? Are you getting an up-grade? Are you buying full fare, which is what by the way? 3000 might be worth it, but 6000 definelty not! Just think of it, you are on the plane for 7 hours, some of the business class fares can buy you a few days in the best hotels in Paris. Given this choice I would rather fly cattle class and then splurge for a few days in good hotel and shopping.

Paris
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France Business seats

I flew business on AF back from Buenos Aires last month, it was a 777, and they had the "NASA like" seats the ones that recline a lot but not horizontal. It was worth it (an upgrade) for a 13 hour, full night flight. I second petiza in saying that, IMHO, it's not money/miles well spent for a relatively short flight. I would definitely rather use the extra thousand dollars somewhere elso. But that's just me... And remember that on economy on AF the food and the wine are marginally better than on US carriers already.

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France Business seats

I fly between JFK & Heathrow all the time on British Airways & always fly in Club World / Business .... it costs a lot compared to Coach but if you can afford it then it's money well spent - you eat a proper 3 course dinner / wine in the B.A Lounge at Kennedy, get on the plane & convert your seat to a bed then they serve breakfast 40 mins before landing at heathrow ... so you basically get a full nights sleep & arrive at Heathrow in the morning ready for your day ... I know you asked about Air France - they are similar, i haven't flown with them between the East Coast & Paris but i know they do offer a flat bed in business ... I spend a lot of time in Paris but generally fly with British Airways to Heathrow then onto Paris ... I just prefer B.A over Air France ... all in all, if you can afford business then it's worth every penny, dedicated check in / boarding then fast trak at immigration when you arrive for non E.U passport holders ... it just makes the whole experience more relaxing & effortless ... & large European airlines (Air France, B.A, Lufthansa) are a million times better than the equivelant U.S airlines ...

Miami
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France Business seats

My thought is that if you go business by way of a family/friend fare,gift,business deduction or super special deal of course is stupid not to do it. But paying from your pocket, unless your rich or claustrophobic and need the extra space,is money wasted. How can dinner in an airplane compare to good restaurant's ( I mean is reheated food), selection of wines, service, etc. I only see my plane trip as a mean to rich my destination and rather use my money in land luxuries.

So basically I chose from my two entrees offering and have my quota of +/- acceptable wine and if necessary take my Ambience or Xanax pill to try to get some needed zzzzz's. in the coach section.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
249 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France Business seats

First of all I wouldn't pay $6000. for a seat ,but AF is having a sale on business class and I could get a fare for under $2500.

I thought that was a pretty good deal. My husband who is coming with me has had neck surgery and I thought the comfort level for a long flight might be worth it, We'd also be flyng home from Prague which makes the trip that much longer. I guess it all boils down to whether or not I want to shorten my shopping expenses somewhat in Paris. Thanks everyone for your opinions.

Pattyg

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France Business seats

TRAVELOPHILE -

When i mentioned dinner - it's not actually re-heated food ... with British Airways they have a 'Dine Before You Fly' service for First & Club World passengers leaving in the evening from East Coast Cities ... You have your evening meal in a special B.A restaurant off of the Business / First lounge .... it's cooked by a chef & there is a large selection to choose from as well as alcohol, beverages etc... it's to enable passengers to sleep as soon as they get on board ...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France Business seats

I have been in business class between Boston and Paris on Air France and the seats do not recline to a horizontal position.

Would you pay 3000 dollars for one night in a hotel? The answer should answer your original question.

Miami
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France Business seats

ZAM1, I have never travel with BA but unless they have inboard chef is still reheated food.

Miami
Level Contributor
573 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France Business seats

I'm actually referring to inboard meals not in airport lounges.

Malibu, CA / N.Y.C
Level Contributor
465 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Air France Business seats

Thats what I'm trying to explain .... B.A evening flights after 7pm (I think) leaving JFK have a 'Dine Before You Fly' service ... rather than having a meal on board you have a meal in a special B.A restaurant off the 1st / Club lounge - then onboard they do a nightcap service which is usually a small salad / hot choc with cookies etc ... so in essence they do away with there inflight evening meal as passengers receive this prior to getting onboard to maximise sleeping time ...

so obviously the food in the B.A restaurant is not re-heated garbage ... it's cooked by a chef like in a normal restaurant ...