We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

I am wondering if there is anything that would make sense to do in the area rather that sit in an airport. I land at 8 AM and our connecting flight doesn't leave until 2PM. Look forward to some ideas.....thanks....

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
143 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

Hi, if you type '6 hour layover" in the search function, you'd be able to see an extensive list of posts on this subject. a couple to get you started:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k43846…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k39265…

I think most people's opinion is that it would be risky to risk leaving the airport with such a limited amount of time, but do look at the threads for better quality.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

Buy a newspaper or read a book. Stay at the airport.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,841 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

yes, bummer . but six hours isn't quite enough,, figure an hour to get to Paris and one hour back ( rer is only about 35 minutes but count getting to and from train , buying tickets etc), so there goes 2 hours, now, you need to be back at airport at least 2.5 hours ahead of flight( many people would say 3 but I will assume luggage is checked through) so that leaves you the possibility of 1.5 hours, and that doesn't count the time it will take you to deplane, get off the tarmac through immigration etc.. so you see, just too tight.

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

Thanks for your input.....just as I thought, it might be too tight!....We will just find the lounge and hang out!.......Diane

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

There is one half-decent restaurant in the public area of 2F, la Brasserie Flo. Enjoy a good lunch! aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/fr-FR/Passagers/bout…

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

You will need at least an hour to get off of the plane, through customs and immigration (even without luggage) and to the RER station that will take you into the city. Count another hour to get into the city and another hour to get back to the city. (taxi and bus aren't valid options on this sort of trip). You'll need to be back at the airport 1-1/2 to 2 hours before departure so that you have ample time to get through security and out to your gate. (you now have used 5 hours out of your 6) These times are a little liberal, but I'm figuring that at some point someone will need to pee or tie their shoes...if that means you miss one of the RERs returning to the airport, it could easily cost you any extra time built into this estimate.

If you leave the airport of your own volition, you also relieve the airline(s) of all responsibility for honoring your onward ticket. They can and will cancel your onward ticket ..and possibly even your return schedule if you miss your flight because you chose to leave the airport. Last-minute, one-way, walk-up fares are expensive and cause no end of security hassles.

7. Re: 6 Hour Layover at Charles de Gaulle Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 06:18