We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Nuit Blanche report

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
My Nuit Blanche report

Okay, here it is, two days after the event, but I needed a little time to recuperate. The Nuit Blanche was as fascinating and as frustrating as ever -- it has probably become much too popular, and the current heat wave made getting around all through the evening even more challenging. The Nuit Blanche is best appreciated in normal October weather.

Looking over the guidebook makes me ache to realize the things I missed, but that is an important part of living in Paris -- there's always more to do than you could ever manage, and that is one of the things I appreciate after growing up in a small town where one would wait two or three months for "anything" to finally happen.

Okay, this is my report: anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

Kerouac,

Thanks for posting the link to your report, although it did make me regret missing what would have been my first Nuit Blanche in Paris. With the high temperatures, I can understand why Purple Rain was such a success. It looked magical. On the other hand, the photos of the black butterflies made me shudder and I'm not normally squeamish.

Looking at your timeline, it seems as if it was a "nuit blanche" for you! Thanks again for sharing your adventures with us.

Florence, Oregon
Level Contributor
103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

Great report!

I've been in Paris for 2 Nuits Blanche, the very first and the 5th. They are 'interesting' to say the least.

MD
Level Contributor
700 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

Thanks for this. I'm so glad you take your camera along on your adventures.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,481 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

This is great -- we got into Paris late on Saturday and were beat -- but managed a bit in the 17th before heading for the rack at 1 --we saw the Square Batignolles characters and the 'O' of film suspended in air at the church there -- and we walked down Rue du Rome and saw the light projections you show -- we gave up at that point -- although I really would have loved to head for either Montmartre or Hotel de Ville. I haven't got my travel blog done yet but my pictures are nowhere as great as yours -- and of course cover a fragment of the ground.

It was incredibly crowded. We waited in an enormous line to get into Square Batignolles and another enormous line to get into the church. People were having a lot of fun with it but the numbers really overwhelmed the installations.

I loved your report about so many of the things we missed.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

I had to wait about 10 minutes to get into the Square des Batignolles, and there was no wait at all for the church. This was around midnight.

I very much appreciated the cups of water they were giving out in the church.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

We missed Nuit Blance by 1 night. We were there last year and enjoyed the uniqueness of it very much but found the crowds almost overwhelming. Thanks for sharing your pictures so we can see what we missed,

Jo

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

I saw St Merri church, Beaubourg and a yetiin the Marais. Really wanted to see Purple Rain, butthe crowds!!!!

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

Wow 2.5 million! Thought ot was really crowded but my god. This is great- loved your pictures thanks for letting us see what we missed.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

We were headed out for a party elsewhere, but the crush of traffic headed into the city on Saturday sort of made us glad we weren't planning on going.

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: My Nuit Blanche report

Thank you, K2 for giving us a bit of the flavor of the night. Never had the pleasure of attending, thought I had the concept in my head but somehow couldn't put it straight. Had imagined a mix of a benign art walk and a rave. Through your narrative and pics, I got to really see the true energy of the evening.