We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cecile Apartments - HORRIBLE!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cecile Apartments - HORRIBLE!

My husband and I planned our 10th anniversary trip to Paris for nearly a year. Having never been to Paris, I researched for countless hours, asked friends opinions, read blogs, etc. I decided to pick this apt. based on location (which is good) and overall appeal (I like to sleep in a place that's at least as nice as my own, hopefully better). I could not have made a worse decision. We arrived at Cecile's St. Germain apartment to find scaffolding covering our bedroom window and loud construction (anything but romantic). You literally had to walk through construction to get to the door and then upon entering and climbing four flights of stairs, it was dirty (extremely dusty from plaster and hard to breathe), smelled (one of the tenants left a bag of trash in front of their door for our entire 10 day stay) and there were literally men staring into our bedroom window every single day. I immediately wrote Cecile and told her of our disappointment. I asked if she had any other units available and if not how we could remedy the situation (like in a hotel where we would leave immediately). She offered a bottle of champagne and 30% off our NEXT visit to Paris. What??! We have two young children and this was a trip of a lifetime, we will not be going back to Paris any time soon, and certainly won't be staying here! It literally put a dark cloud on our trip every day. It was horrible to wake up to and an awful way to end the day. I would NEVER rent this apartment again nor would I ever do business with Cecile Apartments. Also to note, we have written her several times to try and rectify this situation. All of which have gone ignored. I have many, many pictures of how the place actually is. Feel free to contact me to see it. (I'd post if it let me)

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Cecile Apartments - HORRIBLE!

A bottle of champagne four days after their arrival. Wow. And how dare they be upset!

Bad move indeed!

32. Re: Cecile Apartments - HORRIBLE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 05:15