We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 17:11
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,843 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

Can check the shops on Bd St-Michel near Bd St-Germain -- there is Pimkie, Naf Naf, Etam and other shops that she might like. Shopping street rue de Rennes also has same and similar stores, many shoe stores too.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

There are Uniqlo stores at Opéra and La Défense.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

coco - have you tried typing "teens" into the Search function above your question. There are 103 pages under that heading so tons of information. Change the setting from "Relevance" to "Date" if you want the most recent posts. This is a common topic and there are tons of suggestions of not only shopping but other activities that might appeal to a teen.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,843 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

I suggested a couple of shopping spots close to where you'll be staying, and second Hooverquincy's suggestion.

Plus here is what I just 'fished out':

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k44497…

California
Level Contributor
6,395 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

I second the Segway tour idea suggested in the above link! I've done it a couple times, one with my own teens/twenty-somethings, and once with a bunch of grown women, and we had a blast both times.

There's the Galeries Lafayette fashion show (free, but reservations are required; obtained by email welcome@galerieslafayette.com )

Fragonard Perfume Museum--9 Rue Scribe, free

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,911 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

Hand her a guidebook and see what SHE wants to see -- chances are you'll be surprised.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,310 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

my all purpose advice for traveling with teens and it worked great for ours was not worrying too much about keeping them amused and putting the responsibility for that on their shoulders. You have an excellent start with a well situated apartment. Now turn over significant planning to them. When they have to find things to delight everyone else, you may be surprised with what they will come up with. I have done a number of things I wouldn't have discovered that were planned by my kids e.g. saw the Aqueduct Park in Rome, the John Soanes Museum in London, the British Library (who knew that would be so interesting -- my teen daughter did).

Some things that were hits for mine in Paris were climbing the Tower at Notre Dame, shopping in the small streets of Montmartre at the little shops, St. Denis. mine were not interested in fashion shows, but daughters of friends enjoyed the show Friday afternoon at the Galeries Lafayette.

The kids are internet wizards no doubt and if empowered to take charge of a day or an afternoon may well surprise you and themselves with what they come up

with.

We also did serious French pastry research -- whoever went ought in the morning for the baguette (or whatever breakfast yummies you will want to have) chose pastries for desert that evening -- and we tried many kinds voting on the best ones for repeat purchase.

Great times traveling with young people -- I envy you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

Fwiw, I worried about my teen amie being bored with walking and sightseeing. But the fact that *everything* is so different, including ordinary signs that the teen probably wouldn't even notice at home, entertained the her. She was entertained enough just walking around, truly.

Having said that, she really enjoyed shopping on the r. Etienne Marcel as well as riding the Métro. In fact, I taught her how to read maps by using the Métro. I put her in charge of getting us from point A to point B. It didn't matter if she made a mistake. We were on vacation, we weren't in a hurry. I wouldn't worry about your teenager being bored. I think you'll be surprised.

I also strongly advocate Sunshine's suggestion of giving her the guidebook and letting her pick out a few things. She's certainly old enough to have some input. Happy travels!

Finland
Level Contributor
213 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

For shopping I would recommend Jennyfer ( http://www.jennyfer.com/fr/ ). I also second the idea of letting her pick out a few things she would like to see.

Level Contributor
351 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris with Teens-shopping, fun (for teens) things to do,etc?

The store "Merci" is lots of fun--both clothes and housewares. "Collette" is very hip (think french skateboarders). We took a cooking class one afternoon (macarons) that was a lot of fun. We did a bike tour with Bike About tours and the guide showed us where lots of "space invader" graffiti was. Shopping in the Marais is always youth-oriented. Does she have a specific interest like fashion or photography? There may be exhibits. Doing a tour of the various museums that have Monets is a good intro to a specific artist and then you could make a day trip to Giverney if it's still open. My daughter is a foodie, so we went to a 3* restaurant. Have fun! My daughter and I had a great time and not a single argument till we landed in our home airport.