We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting pickpocket news

Out here somewhere
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting pickpocket news

From Le Monde today:

"Alors qu'il s'apprêtait à prendre un train gare de Lyon, le préfet de police de Paris, Michel Gaudin, s'est fait voler un de ses téléphones portables par des pickpockets"

While waiting to catch a train at Gare de Lyon, the Paris prefect of police, Michel Gaudin, had one of his mobile phones stolen by pickpockets. <more or less>

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
493 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$299.60*
Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting pickpocket news

They asked him to sign a petition and pinched his Smart phone - a pity he wasn't smart!

Paris 4th Arr
Level Contributor
7,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting pickpocket news

If you hurry, you can see a picture of him on the Le Monde website:

http://tinyurl.com/662rx6x

The google translation of the story is titled "The Prefect of Paris police his laptop is stolen".

He's looking pretty indignant in that photo. It's also revealed in the story that several other officials have had their phones stolen recently.

The laptop part is actually "mobile phone" but google sees the word "portable" to mean laptop.

Out here somewhere
Level Contributor
223 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting pickpocket news

The google translation of the story is titled "The Prefect of Paris police his laptop is stolen".

I don't speak terrific French (I passed a DELF B2 test) but even I can do better than that :-)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting pickpocket news

it'll be interesting to watch what happens....

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,426 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting pickpocket news

And I thought pickpockets only hit tourists in white running shoes with backpacks.....

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting pickpocket news

Just goes to show it can happen to anyone. But, most people wouldn't have one or more others...

Though I'm vigilent with my phone, another good reason to have the netbook along is for the information they both contain.

7. Re: Interesting pickpocket news

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 14:17