We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi Lamarck - Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
209 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

Hi all. It's my 4th time in Paris but my mum's first. I would love to make her have a good time but she easily tires out and we haven't ended up doing much in the 2 days we have already been here. I am planning to take her to the summit of the tower and was wondering if someone could tell us how much a taxi would cost to get near the tower from Lamarck — Caulaincourt...that's where our hotel is located. The metro is undoubtedly a quick and economical way to go about, but I'd rather have her get to the tower enthusiastic and not tired. Any other suggestions for spending our last 2 days here are also welcome.....

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

I used this far calculator, and it says the cost will be 18 to 24 Euros.

www.taxisg7.com/estimation-tarif-duree-course

If your mom tires easily, you could try a bus tour--use on of the hop- on hop- off companies (you can ask at the hotel) or Foxity (which is just a 90 minute ride--no stops).

A smaller museum, rather than a large one, might work well--

placesinfrance.com/musee_jacquemart-andre_in…

Maybe lunch in a beautiful setting?

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

Also the Rodin museum is smaller with a beautiful garden not far from the Eiffel Tower...perhaps one or two stops on the HOHO bus.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

You could also take Bus 80 from Lamarck-Caulaincourt. Eiffel Tower is an easy walk, or a quick transfer to Bus 42 at Alma-Marceau will put you even closer.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

Thank you, all, for your prompt and helpful suggestions. mcal3k, we ended up taking the foxity bus tour this morning and enjoyed the bird's eye view it gave us of the city. A lovely lunch (at cafe madelaine) later, we strolled along the opera & browsed through printemps and galleries laffayette. The evening was spent visiting the basilica of sacre couer & exploring the area. We have just returned to the hotel for a while before stepping out for dinner. Thanks, again, for all three responses.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

Sounds like you had a busy day! Good for Mom!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

We're back home now....much too soon, unfortunately. Will post a trip report in a day or two.....but must mention, managed to go up the eiffel tower, visit the opera & take a river cruise (among other things). In short, could make the trip memorable for Mom :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

glad it went well -- I took my mother on her only trip abroad to Italy for two weeks when she was 80 -- it was 5 years too late but worth every second -- I wish it had been less tough on her but it was a real highlight of her later years -- something she had never thought she would get to do having spend all her retirement years caring for her invalid husband

it is something you will always be so pleased you did --

8. Re: taxi Lamarck — Caulaincourt to the eiffel tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 05:17