We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

We (2) will be getting off a cruise ship in Le Havre on a Wednesday morning at approx 8am and want to get to Orly airport to catch a plane leaving at 7pm. What would be the best way to do this. We do not want to drive a car!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,503 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

You wouldn't need to hire a car.

From Le Havre, there are regular, direct trains to Paris St. Lazare which take a little over two hours - if you catch the 10.03 you will be in Paris for 12.10. You don't need to buy a ticket in advance, and the trains have first and standard class seating (1st class costs about 50% more). You may need a taxi from the ship to the station, the crew on your cruise ship will be able to help you with this.

From then it's up to you:

Taxi to Orly - easiest, but most expensive. Reckon on about 50 euros. Allow at least one hour and bear in mind you will need to check in for your flight up to three hours before departure.

Public transport, if you're feeling adventurous! There isn't a direct route from St Lazare Station to Orly Airport. Below is more information about getting from Paris to Orly by public transport. Note there are two terminals - 'Sud' (south) and 'Ouest' (west).

www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_22208/orly-airport/

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
12 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

I agree with wirewiper.

The train is your bet to Paris. I have been on that line recently, and the service is pretty good with a good view of the river. Pick up a bit of lunch at a charcuterie (good options on salads and sandwiches usually near any train station like Le Havre) and eat on the train.

Through Paris, I would take the Metro to connect to RER B and then to Orlyval. The new line #14 goes from St Lazare to Chatelet, whence you take the RER-B out to connect to the Orlyval. Overall, should take something like 45 minutes in mid-day. Chatelet is a big station, and make sure to get onto RER B in the right direction! Check the signs that show the next stops on your side of the tracks, just to make sure. At the point you descend into a particular track they have this posted too.

This site does a good job explaining that transfer. The 10euro price beats the taxi hands down!

parisbytrain.com/transportation-paris-orly/

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,503 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

Thanks for the extra info about St Lazare to Orly - I couldn't work out which was the best route. Although the OP may have luggage, language etc. to consider - I speak French, travel light (and I am also a tightwad) so the best route for me might not be the one for him.

But at least it is clear that they have plenty of time and don't need to hire a self-drive car!

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

Thank you both! You have made my wife a happier person. Good information that i can follow .

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

Hiya People can someone please help me, I need to get from Paris Orly to Le Harve, I've just read the taxi is around 50Euro's from Orly, is this correct??? Can I get a direct train from orly if not how far is the station from orly, thanks for your help, not been to paris before

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

Le Havre is approximately 200 kms and 2 and a half hours drive from Paris.

Not sure where you read that a TAXI from Orly to Le Havre would cost 50 euros. You must mean a taxi from Orly to the Gare St. Lazare. ?? A taxi, from Orly to Le Havre, assuming you could find one would cost hundreds of euros.

Either way, the answer to your question is on this post. Have you read all the posts on this thread? Just do the reverse direction and make your choices.

Edited: 19 July 2012, 13:35
7. Re: Getting from Lehavre to Orly airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 07:15