We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

I'd very much appreciate input about which location, Rue des Beaux Arts, or Rue de Tournon, will be better for our week-long housing needs in April. This is our first trip to Paris, and I will have three teenage girls with me, and they would like to go exploring on their own.

Both apartments offer the same features re: footage, bedrooms, WC.

The apartment on Rue de Tournon costs 280 euro (400 USD) more; based only upon location, will that be money wasted, or money well spent?

Thank you.

P.s. If this ends up being a duplicate posting, my error. I posted the question the first time about 30 minutes ago, but it hasn't shown up. I thought postings get posted immediately.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
City Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

Both apartments are in really nice areas (and not too far from each other). If you post the links, though, you'll get better feedback and points of comparison.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

I'm somewhat wary of giving specifics, because one of the apartments is more "luxury" than the other, one is a fifth floor walk-up, etc. Some specifics don't matter much to me, and I wouldn't wish to influence people's opinions based on things that for me, are irrelevant. The extra money is a little important, but most important is location.

I will add that one of the apartments is through the agency Parisfurnishedapartments.com (aka Rootstravel.com), and the other is through a highly reviewed VRBO apartment manager.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

Both locations are really nice and are not too far from each other (about 1 km, I think). In rue des Beaux-Arts, you'll be more in the heart of Saint-Germain and closer to the Seine; it could be a bit more lively; in rue de Tournon, you'll be closer to Jardin du Luxembourg. Personnaly, I prefer the area around rue des Beaux-Arts. But really, the location doesn't make a real difference in these two cases. Price could well help you choose and save some euros for other treats!

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

Based on location alone, my preference would be Beaux Arts because I like the individual street and surrounding streets--very charming--and I would prefer being closer to the Seine. This help orient me, as I can be directionally challenged. I would think the teenagers could have a pretty good time on nearby rue Buci and only be a couple of blocks away. Meanwhile, they could get to the seine, walk along the quai, go to Notre Dame, etc.

Still, the Tournon location is not far away at all, and the area around Luxembourg Gardens is also really nice.

You have a win/win here.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

Thank you all; appreciate the feedback.

Port Hope, Canada
Level Contributor
451 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

My wife and I just returned from a two week stay at 12 rue des Beaux Arts and absolutely loved the area. It was quiet at night and lively during the day.

At the corner of rue de Buci and rue de Seine you will find eveything you need in the way of groceries, food, drink, boulangeries and patisseries.

I would definitely return there and wouldn't think twice given the other apartment is more expensive.

Edited: 02 November 2011, 08:15
7. Re: Opinions please, Rue des Beaux Arts or Rue de Tournon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2012, 04:16