We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

Hello! I'm debating between these two hotels. France Albion is cheaper so I'm leaning towards that one and the reviews are okay. The website doesn't excite me though. I know Langlois is pretty highly thought of. Both hotels are in the 9th. Which is better? Or, name another hotel in the 8th or 9th under 110 euros. Thanks!!!

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
127 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

i don't know the Langlois but I can vouch for France Albion. My daughter and I were there in October and would go back, no question. We got an internet rate of 87 euros for a double. The staff was very helpful, 20 minute walk one way and you are at Sacre Coeur, 20 minute walk in the other direction you are at Galeries Lafayette/Place de l'Opera. Buses and metro stops nearby, clean rooms, TV, bakeries near by etc.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

Thanks for your reply! It's so darn cheap. . .They have free wifi too, right?

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

France Albion is more basic, Langlois a bit closer to les Grands Magasins and in a spot near some nice shops. We stayed near there this summer at Hotel Monterosa (in 9th) and really liked it, its rates fluctuate so will depend on your dates. Here is a link to my review and photos:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d313…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

Thanks for the link on Monterosa! It's pricier than Langlois and France Albion (this trip is definitely a budget trip!) but I'll keep it in my "files" for the next trip :)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

Anyone care to share an experience on Hotel Royal Opera? It's between Langlois and France Albion price-wise and in the perfect location for this trip. But it has some questionable reviews (as everywhere does, I suppose). I think they also want a deposit/booking fee.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

Bumping for some more comments

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

What kind of "deposit/booking fee" ? The location is excellent and hotel seems okay, but basic.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

I've noticed while searching for hotels this trip a lot of hotels are requesting a small booking fee (like 5 or 10 euros) that count towards the total. Although the amount is not a lot, plans can sometimes change so you're out money if you need to cancel.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

The 5-7 euros are a nonrefundable fee that you loose if you cancel, that's normal. Do read the cancellation policy before booking, some (usually lower) rates may require prepayment that may not be refundable.

10. Re: Hotel Langlois vs Hotel France Albion vs Another hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2012, 10:21