We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A new French film

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,694 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
A new French film

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I saw a PHENOMENAL new film this weekend and I am giving you all the heads up for when it comes to a theater near you. It is called The Untouchables and it tells the true story of an extremely affluent and cultivated Parisian parapallegic and his medical assistant, a poor, young, immigrant man from the projects, recently out of jail.

Sounds like a tortured, difficult film, but it is, in fact, a moment of PURE JOY. The leading men and the supporting cast are all exceptional, but it is the story that amazes.

We started laughing before the opening credits and didn't stop until it ended. I LOVED IT. My Frenchman loved it, my teen loved it, 8 million French have already loved it on the big screen.

Truly FANTASTIC.

Edited: 30 November 2011, 14:23
1. Re: A new French film

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 November 2011, 20:05
2. Re: A new French film

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 February 2015, 18:55
Edited: 09 February 2015, 18:55
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A new French film

I haven't seen it but it's been all over the news that an 8-month pregnant woman got into labor in the cinema from laughing so hard for so long watching the movie. So do not go watch this movie if you are 8-month pregnant! :)

4. Re: A new French film

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 November 2015, 18:13
Edited: 18 November 2015, 18:13
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A new French film

It was already bought for a Hollywood remake before it was even released in France (shudder).

My own favorite French film of the year (besides The Artist) was "Declaration of War" (La guerre est déclarée) which will be representing France at the Oscars. Intouchables is pleasant, but both actors have done better work in other movies.

(Oh, and the paralyzed man is tetraplegic. He would probably give his entire fortune to be simply paraplegic.)

Edited: 30 November 2011, 15:44
Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A new French film

A box office hit French comedy? What the what!

This I have to see. Thanks for the heads up.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A new French film

phread,

Thanks for the heads up - it sounds like a great film! Now I'm off to see where it's showing.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A new French film

Thanks for sharing, Phread. I'll check out the Gazette to see if it's playing in Montreal soon.

Jo

Fullerton...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A new French film

Your timing is perfect, phread! Just today, I was reading this article on Yahoo! :

…yahoo.com/untouchable-challenging-box-offic…

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A new French film

Here are the only upcoming release dates set so far:

Hungary

22 December 2011

Germany

5 January 2012

Spain