We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

Novi Sad, Serbia
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

What do you do when you miss Paris and when you're jealous of everyone else going there? :)

I read trip reports, watch my own photos and plan future trip :)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
332 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

I miss Paris every day, so like you, I read this forum daily. I read everything I can on France, especially Paris. I have planned my next trip even if I do not know if I will even be able to go, because the thought of never going back to Paris is just too much to bear.

as always,

Phyllis

Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

I read this forum and watch movies set in Paris.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

I listen to French music, and look through Google Street Views of Paris.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

I read the posts on this forum.....sometimes answering questions that I am able to....but more often than that, collecting information to enhance the magical effect of the next trip to Paris....alas, the count is a meagre 4 yet.......and in the mean time, keep reading trip reports to vicariously enjoy the city!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
209 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

I forgot to add, watch movies like Midnight in Paris....&...Before Sunset....

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,539 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

LOL. I haven't been on this forum for ages, but since I'm missing Paris I came here today!

Sometimes I look at my photos. I have several beautiful coffee table books (Paris from Above, the Luxembourg Palace, Monet's Gardens, Chartes Cathedral) and several smaller ones that I drool over occasionally.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

Paris comes alive for me again in the postings on the forum - from the DEs and regular visitors as well as the occasional posters. Everyone is so generous in sharing their knowledge and experiences. (Also, pretty well what everyone else said - movies, books, etc. We also search out French bistro-type restaurants at home.)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,337 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

well we just picked up some sausages and a smoked goose leg at Paulina's in Chicago and will be cooking cassoulet tomorrow -- next weekend it will be choucroute garnie

we sure do miss Paris having just spent 2 mos there -- mostly I miss going for the morning baguette -- and those evening strolls on the bridges over the Seine

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

I skim through this forum every day - reading posts that interest me, making notes for my "Paris" file and occasionally contributing (if I have anything intelligent to add, that is).

Closer to a trip I would brush up my French by reading my French books, listening to French operas and watching French films (with subtitles in French rather than in English) - all of which enhances the experience and prolongs the enjoyment.

And ..... hasty edit! ..... I love poring over my excellent street map and "exploring" via Google ..... !

Edited: 10 December 2011, 20:12
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do you do when you miss Paris? :)

Re read my own trip reports. Re live my trips.

Travel around on google maps.

Sigh!!