We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

A good friend just arrived back from Paris - he tells me that he was delayed three days at CDG due to strike. We are travelling through CDG with our four children next week so I would like to hear from anyone who has been through CDG the past couple days. The only news I find speaks to delays at security and not any mention of cancellations or severe backlog at CDG.

Thanks --

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

The strike is by security staff and has spread to about half of the airports in France. The authorities are trying to stop the strike before Christmas weekend, but nobody has any valid predictions yet.

2. Re: CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 December 2011, 23:05
Edited: 20 December 2011, 23:05
Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
315 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

<< terrorists that currently constitute airport security. >>

I perfectly understand that you can be upset, and thousands of French people are upset by the current situation (not only tourists count !), but you should be more careful with your vocabulary and the choice of your words.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,913 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

My son had a connecting flight at CDG on Dec. 17, and had a four-hour wait in the security line, due to the strike. The line wrapped around the building several times. Luckily he had a long connection between flights. His flight was quite full (and late in leaving CDG) so perhaps the airline waited for all the passengers to arrive. We don't know, however.

Good luck, with four children, and perhaps bring extra snacks and books for them.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

Today the government is going to use police for the security checks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

The regional authorities decided not to use the police after all, as flights running late are not considered as serious as flights not operating at all. Meanwhile, security is normal at Orly and Nice-Côte d'Azur, they say.

7. Re: CDG - Anyone travel through Terminal 2 past few days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2012, 10:19