We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
40 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

Hello Paris forum

Will be in Paris in two weeks, and have reserved the d'Aubusson. I chose this hotel based on reviews and location, but the more I read the more I see other hotels that sound as good/better. Stop reading reviews? Any input appreciated. Looking for hotel with breakfast, restaurant/bar, very clean, friendly staff, budget up to 600/700 euros/night. Am I missing out by not staying in 5 star lux?

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,955 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

i don't think so at all. You're in five star lux surroundings. What a great area. The d'Aubusson and the Relais Christine are great luxury properties IMO.

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

You could try rooms at the Hotel de Crillon, Plaza Athenee, Meurice...

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,480 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

Well one could always spend more,, but why? The Aubusson is a lovely smaller hotel in a cute area. Do you really need need need to be in super luxe all the time,, sorry, cannot identify that head set at all,, only you can decide I suppose. Spend the extra money on really nice dining out.

California
Level Contributor
40 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

Thank you. I am looking forward to a great trip and filling my time with all the things we enjoy-museums, historical sights,architecture etc...I started second guessing my hotel choice this week, but for no reason. We enjoy smaller hotels, and I am excited for a great trip

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,480 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

You will enjoy the Aubbusson, I have not stayed there,, bit rich for me, but have stayed less then a block up the same street and love that area, and you are so close to the Seine,, you can enjoy walking to many great sites.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
973 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

There's nothing wrong with Hotel d'Aubusson but if you want real luxury for less than your budget and in a small hotel near Avenue Montaigne (Champs Elysées), have a look at Hotel San Regis: http://www.hotel-sanregis.fr/en/home.html They have very interesting special rates at the moment. This is a true luxury hotel and there are good reviews on TA: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d262120…

Edited: 29 December 2011, 10:33
7. Re: Hotel d'Aubusson or five star lux?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:16