We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two apartments needed in same location/building

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Two apartments needed in same location/building

Hi, we are 2 sisters and our families having a break after a family wedding in the UK next September. There are 3+4 in the group. What is the best way to find 2 apartments to suit us? Also, do you usually prepay for the apartments? We are flexible on location, I like the 1st, but so long as it is close in and handy to transport, that would be great. Budget is around EU200 a night but that is flexible as well.

Many thanks in advance, Haggis

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

Hi there

Try the homelidays website.

Kind Regards

Merran

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,224 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

€200 is, I presume, the overall budget for all of you, in which case it is probably a bit on the low side. We tend to pay about €120 for a one bed place for a couple.

I know these people have several in the same building www.parisbestlodge.com and that they are very highly thought of.

I have been searching for a place for us for October and found Homelidays, Paris has a large listing. We have used them successfully in Spain.

Also try VRBO in Paris (Vacation Rental by Owner).

I will not pay the full amount upfront having been caught that way. There are enough places that will take the remainder after you have arrived and inspected the apartment. Don't fall for the office space with keys either, where you deposit the money, get the key and then see the building. That is the one that caught us with dirty seats and spare bed linen, a non-flushing toilet and strips of paint peeling off the bathroom wall and non-functioning wifi.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

I agree with not paying the full amount up front. We just rented from an agency highly commended on this forum and the place turned out to be very dingy, nearly a dump, in a seedy neighborhood. If I had not paid all the funds up front I would have forgone the part already paid and checked in to a hotel for the week.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,224 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

Maddie, where did you stay? That would be very useful info if the place is normally reviewed favourably?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

Our budget would be 200 euro per apartment.

Puget Sound
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

How long will you be staying? Typically, weekly rates are lower than the per night cost.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

We are staying 3-4 nights.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,473 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

Follow this link below. These apartments are available for 3+ nights and where the apartment name includes a roman numeral, there will be other apartments with the same name and a different roman numeral in the same building. eg Vegetal III, Vegetal IV and Vegetal V are all in the same building. There will be a number of buildings depending on your arrival date. The rental agency is reliable.

friendlyrentals.com/en/apartments/paris/all-…

Egypt
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

Try Bridgestreet,it is a very good company

10. Re: Two apartments needed in same location/building

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 10:27