We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is March a good time to visit Paris?

Alabama
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Is March a good time to visit Paris?

Planning to go to Paris in March. Has anyone been there at that time of year? Are the flowers startiubg to bloom yet? Is it less crowded?

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,167 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

Its hard to know with flowers, they tend to follow the weather reports and the weather is highly unpredictable. It is so warm this year, the bulb blooms may not bloom at all.

But it is a great time to visit. The crowds are somewhat reasonable and the days will be getti g longer by then.

Antarctic Peninsula
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

Yes.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

In late March, the gardens will have minimal plantings with some cold-weather type blooms/buds. It will still get dark early, ie. 5-6pm. Temps most likely will be chilly (40-50s*F) and some damp days. It isn't a bad time to go and airfares are certainly going to be less expensive than waiting for late spring or summer.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,832 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

You'll see primeveres in the beds -- like this: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primev%C3%A8re

I love them -- they're so bright and cheery after a dull grey winter.

(doesn't hurt that they're nearly bulletproof, too -- someone let them go wild in my yard and they grow like weeds.)

Alabama
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

Thanks. I think we will get a car and drive up to see the tulips in Holland.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

It's my favorite time to be in Paris. Going again this March - can't wait!!

The weather can be chilly (40's & 50's) but if the sun comes out, it can reach the 60's too.

I don't recall lots of flowers, but it's so beautiful anyway, who cares?! The grass on the Champ de Mars is green and soft - great for picnics.

Crowds are light (relatively).

You'll love it!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,807 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

Traditionally, March can be rather chilly and rainy. With the strong warming trend in Paris, though, it isn't as chilly or rainy as it used to be. The trees and plants are not fully green and in bloom until May, but then again, by May it is often getting quite hot during the day. So March is a good time overall.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

I don't think tulips are quite blooming yet in March - - April to early May is the big tulip season.... I wouldn't drive all the way to Holland either, take the train then rent a car to get around locally if you like. If you have to drop off a car rental in another country from where you rented it, the fee is astronomical.

If the prime focus of your travel is to see beautiful full gardens, then you need to go there when the flowers are cooperating !

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,832 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

The tulips bloom around Easter in Paris -- Holland's timeline will be roughly the same.

10. Re: Is March a good time to visit Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 10:19