We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

Hello TA friends

I researched the taxi fare from CDG to my hotel in the 17th. It's about 50 euro. I have read some posts that with traffic fare can be anywhere from 70-90 euros. My second option is the Air France shuttle bus since the stop is close to the hotel. That would be 30 euro since we are 2. Metro is not a option for us since we will be jetlagged and do not want to deal with changing trains etc.

Honestly to save 20 euro I would just go with a taxi, but how realistic is that fare? I also don't want to be stressed watching the meter.

How easy is the shuttle? I know I can pay the driver but do they take credit cards or cash only? If it's cash do they provide change?

As always thank you!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,575 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

Where did you read about a 90€ fare to the 17th? While not absolutely impossible, it would be very, very unlikely. If traffic is light, the fare would be much closer to 40€ to an address in the 17th. Just to be safe, I usually suggest that taxi fares into Paris range from 45€ to 55€, possibly higher to the southern arrondissements.

The AF buses stop in front of each terminal and will pass every 20 to 30 minutes. Purchase tickets from the driver. It´s easy but I really like all the advantages that taxis have to offer.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

The 50 euros taxi fare is very realistic, as long as the taxi doesn't get stuck in a traffic jam for 2 hours. I don't know if the driver would take credit cards but you can buy your tickets on line in advance and they would cost 13.50 euros each instead of 15. More convenient as you print your tickets at home and a bit cheaper. See: lescarsairfrance.com/en/…c25

Edited: 11 January 2012, 23:33
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
379 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

Just paid 55 Euro (inc 5e 'booking fee') from the 18th to CDG. This was .7.30pm and the traffic was flowing freely to the airport. Looked to be bumper to bumper going into Paris though

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

If you're staying within walking distance of the AF stop, I'd recommend that. Round trip AF coach tickets will save you considerably versus taxis both ways. €50 or less is a good estimate, though, because the trip to that area is considerably shorter than locations in "central" Paris.

Do note that you should allow plenty of time for the return trip to CDG if you go via AF coach. Once in a while, there are more people waiting to board at Porte-Maillot than there are seats because the bus starts off from Arc de Triomphe.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Arc de Triomphe
Arc de Triomphe
37,019 Reviews
Paris, France
Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

Thank you for the responses

The higher fare may had been to a more central arr. i did not realize it made such a difference

Thank you for the link for online booking! I would be interested in booking RT but we are flying into CDG and flying out of Orly. Could i still purchase RT? Also i am confused which to purchase I need the Avenue Carnot stop.

:)

Mentioned in this post
Orly
Orly
Val-de-Marne, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

I've taken a taxi from CDG to the 7th and its never cost more the 60euro. But then I discovered the airfrance bus that goes to invalides If you are thinking that you will be jet lagged and want a comfortable ride from the airport, I think airfrance is the best option. Taxicab drivers here are a little bit aggressive and the ride through traffic may have you on edge lol.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,028 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

we have stayed in the 17th the last few trips and taxi fare from CDG has been closer to 40 than 70 -- We have taken taxis in many times to various parts of Paris and it is generally about 50 Euro -- it has never been more than 55 -- but you know if it is -- it is still small potatoes in the context of the costs of a trip

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
517 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

I would second the 45-55 EUR range in both directions, from the 6th district. However, I once pushed the bill to 80 EUR (CDG=>6th) as we were stuck on the Peripherique at 7pm on a Friday evening

Tom

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
23,575 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

<<But then I discovered the airfrance bus that goes to invalides>>

I believe the AF bus departing from les Invalides goes only to ORY, not CDG.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CDG TO HOTEL Taxi vs Air Francr Shuttle

Haven't you thought of the metro? we've found this an excellent way of getting into the city, and if you purchase your ticket ahead of time, you haven't got the worry of the ticket machine.