We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

Hi there!

My boyfriend and I will be visiting Paris from the 16th to the 19th of August this year and I was trying to do some research to see if it would be possible to go to Disneyland for 1 day?

What is the cheapest/easiest way to do this? Is there a bus from central Paris (other than the airport buses) that would take us there, or is the train/metro the only real option?

Thanks! :)

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
493 reviews
from US$72.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from US$108.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
585 reviews
from US$51.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$299.60*
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

It's very easy to go to Disneyland for the day. You can take RER Line A (the express subway) directly out to the resort. The trip takes about 45 minutes and costs a couple of euro each way. Disneyland is at one terminus of Line A, and the station is right in the middle of the resort, and you can pick up Line A at several locations in Paris. Trains run from around five in the morning to midnight.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

The trip is not expensive, but it's a little more than "a few euros" -- it's €7,10 each way, or €14,20 for a Mobilis pass, which covers Metro, RER, bus, and tram voyages for one calendar day for zones 1-5 (central Paris to Disney).

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

Have not checked recently, but when we did this several years ago you could buy your Disney park ticket at the RER window. If they still offer this do it, lines can be long at the entrance to buy!

For a SUBSTANTIAL mark up ParisVision will take you.... Lots more then the RER and buying your own ticket! But it is a bus.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 16:28
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

We did this in March 2010. After breakfast, we rode the RER from Chatelet/Les Halles out to Marne-La-Valle/Disneyland. The train was fun and we got to see some of the suburbs of Paris. Once at Disneyland, the train station is very close to the entrance to the park. We bought tickets at the gate and only waited for about 5 minutes, even though there were only about 3 ticket windows open. We found the park to be quite different from the US versions, so that was a great surprise (don't miss Space Mountain - it's much better than the US versions). It was closer to Disneyland (California) in size. The smaller size allowed us to see all the things we wanted to see and still catch the train back to Paris in time for dinner. Unless you are a die-hard Disney fan, DLP is definitely only a day trip.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

Disneyland is a very common day trip from Paris just as Disneyland is a very common day trip from Los Angeles.

Of course Paris has the great advantage of having built the RER right to the door of Disneyland (this is one of the details that allowed them to win the location battle with Barcelona back in the 1990's).

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

As others have said it is easy to visit Disneyland Paris via the RER A.

Information re DLP can be found on the Marne-La-Valee forum or Disneyland paris forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g226865-i2224-Ma…

I got advance discounted tickets last summer for DLP using advice I got on that forum, printable out at home. Much cheaper than buying at the gate and you just go straight through the turnstile.

Nice day out of you are the sort to have fun and get in touch with your inner child again.

Denise

Love from England

sushideluxe
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

Would you mind sharing how to book advance printable tickets to DLP?

Thanks!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,400 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

Definately buy tickets ahead,, especially for August( many schools are still out in various countries) ,, I went the first time and did not prebuy ,, ended up waiting quite a while in long slow moving lines,, many people in line do not speak french,, tourist from all over, japanese, english, dutch , itlalians and so on and so on,, so time spent at the ticket windows seemed to take awhile while poor ticket agents and customers would muddle through in mixed bag of languages trying to decide which ticket option was best etc( there are multi day or multi park passes etc).

Apparently cheapest tickets are sold thru FNAC, I bought mine day before for second visit at the Disney Store on Champs,,saved time but not money I think. If you go on the Marne La Vallee ticket the destination expert there Figgy girl gives great detailed advice about all things Disney,, ticket prices etc,,

9. Re: Day trip to disneyland from Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 10:23