We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, please.Merci beaucoup.

Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Topic
Help, please.Merci beaucoup.

Please forgive me for posting on this forum but I have not received a reply to my post on the Limoges forum.

I will be staying in St Pardoux la Riviere, near Limoges and would like to know how to get there from L.

By bus, train or do I need a car, and will I need a car, anyway, while I am there, to visit nearby places.

Thanks very much.

Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
505 Reviews
from US$72.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,188 Reviews
from US$109.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
794 Reviews
from US$124.20*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower Tour and...
631 Reviews
from US$74.00*
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, please.Merci beaucoup.

There are some public transport options (trains and buses) in the area, but infrequent and time-consuming. I think a rental car would be most convenient, both for the transport Limoges-St Pardoux la Rivière and for visiting nearby places.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, please.Merci beaucoup.

According to ViaMichelin, it's 68 km (or 42 miles) and more than 1 hr drive. You almost definitely need a car. See the itinerary: http://tinyurl.com/8a377bm

Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, please.Merci beaucoup.

thanks everybody.

Seems like a car is the way to go.

I suppose it is never too late to learn to drive on the other side of the road.

If we are on the road at the same time in late September I'll be the one with my passenger walking in front of the car, carrying a red flag.

4. Re: Help, please.Merci beaucoup.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 10:22
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor