We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halldis Apartments

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Halldis Apartments

Has anyone rented through Halldis?

What was your experience?

Specifically, has anyone rented the apartment on Rue de la Bucherie (link below)?

www.halldis.com/search/ad.action…

Edited: 13 January 2012, 18:07
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halldis Apartments

I haven't rented from them, but their apartments are listed and reviewed here on TripAdvisor. Here's the link for the specific apartment you're interested in, in case you haven't seen it:

tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halldis Apartments

How did I mist that?!?

Thanks - the reviews of the management company seem pretty good and that makes me feel much better.

I love TA and all the wonderfully helpful people on here...

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halldis Apartments

If you put "Halldis" in the search box above, you get a few hits, most notably this one:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k29990…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halldis Apartments

Do keep in mind that the six reviews posted in the link I gave you are not by TA members, but Flipkey and other "trusted member sites" they say.

Generally speaking, I put much more weight into reviews posted by frequent forum users, rather than the generic reviewers that you have no way of contacting for further info.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited: 13 January 2012, 18:41
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halldis Apartments

Even the Flipkey reviews had a negative review. I'd be wary of them. There are too many reputable agencies and owners out there to risk your vacation on anything like a relatively unknown with less-than-stellar reviews.

6. Re: Halldis Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 12:35
San Diego...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Halldis Apartments

Dear Houston,

Did you book through Hallidis? How did your Paris booking go?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halldis Apartments

I was able to contact a previous renter and this reassured me. I also have a coworker who speaks native Italian (the contract is in Italian), so this also helped me to feel better about it.

The big issues seem to be that they must meet you at the apartment to check in or out. They will only do so during normal business hours/days. So if you arrive or depart outside of those times/days you must pay them extra. Kind of rediculous since international flights rarely arrive at the most convenient time.

My husband is currently in Paris and was able to walk by the outside of the building. He says the location is fabulous. We will be in the apartment in 19 days. I'll let you all know how it goes...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
357 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halldis Apartments

I am in this apartment right now and just wanted to follow up on this post in case any future searchers are seeking info.

The local rep, Marco, was very communicative before our arrival and allowed us to store our luggage in the apartment while it was being cleaned so we were able to start exploring the city right away. He answered our questions promptly by phone when we couldn't figure out how to work the oven. Marco has been very sweet and helpful.

The apartment is a little smaller than it appears in the photos, but still spacious. The appliances (dishwasher, washer, separate dryer, stovetop, oven) and fixtures are high end and very functional. The beds are firm and comfortable and the linens are plush. The furniture mostly is IKEA and not particularly durable. Overall, a modern, minimalist, very comfortable place.

The location is close to St Michel RER station for quick and easy access to CDG. Cafes, grocery stores, etc are only a block or two away. Notre Dame is about 200 meters away - you can hear the various church bells ringing all the time.

The building has a big elevator (by Paris standards) and the stairs are solid and wide. There is an outer door at the street as well as an inner glass door for security before entering the residential area. The outside intercom has a video feed into the apartment to prevent entrance to unintended guests.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

10. Re: Halldis Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2013, 09:21