We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar trip

Braintree
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Eurostar trip

Hi there,we arrive at Gare du Nord on the Eurostar and have to make our way to Hotel Lenox Montparnasse. Has anyone any advice on which bus route we need to get. We would prefer to go by bus than the metro. Also, are there any flea markets Monday,Tues or Weds?

Thank you for any advice-looking forward to our first trip to Paris in Feb.

Bastille Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Mouffetard Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Cler
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Marche d'Aligre
Flea & Street Markets
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,741 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar trip

The bus will take nearly twice as long as the métro and require at least one change. From Gare du Nord, take bus 42 to Auber then bus 95 towards Montparnasse probably disembarking at boulevard du Montparnasse and walking a few block to your hotel.

A Taxi would be a lot easier, cost from 10€ to 15€.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,883 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar trip

Paris Puces St Ouen (Porte de Clignancourt) open Mondays:

http://www.parispuces.com/en/Default.asp

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar trip

It would be more direct to take bus 38 from Gare du Nord to the Port Royal stop on blvd Montparnasse. It's easy enough to transfer to bus 91 and ride a couple of stops, or you could walk 5-10 minutes along blvd Montparnasse, a lovely walk. You may even get there faster than waiting in the taxi queue.

Braintree
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar trip

Oh wow I had no idea the taxi would be so cheap! Thank you for the advice

5. Re: Eurostar trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 June 2012, 04:06
Canada
Level Contributor
373 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eurostar trip

Dan, tell us how you really feel......again. Is it your intent to resurrect every Eurostar thread and post the same thing again and again?

I recognize you were annoyed/ticked off but this is a little silly is it not?

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,231 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eurostar trip

Dan, you are way out of control. This is ridiculous. There's almost a whole page of Eurostar threads on the Paris forum that you have resurrected.

Edmonton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Edmonton, Yellowknife
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eurostar trip

I was wondering why there were so many Eurostar threads all of a sudden, I was wondering if I missed a great sale, then i noticed the dates of the original threads and found this one.

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,261 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Eurostar trip

Any sympathy anyone may have had for your situation is long gone, and probably has been transferred to Eurostar.

I was startled by all the Eurostar threads as well. Now I'm hoping they all quietly go away, so won't post again.

10. Re: Eurostar trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2013, 05:15