We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

Hi - We will be traveling to Paris for a day (Monday in February) and would like to see the Louvre and Eiffel Tower. Which one should we visit first? We would like to go to the top of the ET also.

Also, what is the best way to get to each? We would like to use the subway.

Thank you!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,573 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

Well how can we tell you the best way to get there if we don't know where you are coming from,, lol . Of course the metro is easy , fast and cheap, but which line to take to get to your destinations we need a start point.

I would go to ET first if you don't have a prepurchased timed entry ticket, that way you won't get stuck in a long line,, of course that means going early when it opens, Also, this is weather dependent, I personally wouldn't go up if it was really crappy weather, you don't get a great view if its rainy and foggy, if it is in the am, perhaps it would clear up by the afternoon,, so just change plans.

Louvre is easy to avoid long line at any time , in any season, by using alternate entrance ( Carosuel or Porte Du Lions) purchase ticket from machines.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

OH! That would help :) We will be arriving at Nord (on the Eurostar).

Thanks!

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

If your plan is to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower (no matter what the weather--remember, it is February), then I would pre-purchase tickets at their website:

http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/

I would choose a time for about an hour and a half after your arrival at Nord. That would give you time to get to the Tower and explore the area a bit, admiring the Tower from ground level.

Then I would go to the Louvre.

If you don't want to risk pre-purchase long in advance, then you can check the weather report a few days before you go and decide from there.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
118 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

If it is you first time seeing the Eiffel Tower, I suggest to take the metro to the Trocadero stop. As soon as you get above ground you come out to the most incredible view of the tower. My wife had never seen it before and she said it was one of the highlights of the trip....among many others!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

Louvre first because eiffel tower looks better at night

6. Re: Louvre or Eiffel Tower first?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 09:26