We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
delhi
Level Contributor
48 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

Hi, hv been looking and reading for 2 days now and still no closer to shortlisting locations and hotels. We are a couple travelling in late June ,will be coming in from London via Eurostar and leaving for Amsterdam or Brussels after spending 4-5 nights in Paris.Total trip is 17 days long so budget can't be more than 150 Euro..Any help the experts can provide to shortlist areas and hotels would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

To get you started, here are 3 nice, well located hotels within your budget:

Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Latin Quarter:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d194227…

http://www.hotel-grandes-ecoles.com/

Hotel du Collège de France, latin Quarter:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d271939…

http://www.hotel-collegedefrance.com/#

Grand Hotel Jeanne d'Arc, Marais:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d189228…

http://grandhoteljeannedarcparis.com/

delhi
Level Contributor
48 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

Thank you :-)

so Latin Quarter is where we need to look to find hotels to fit in our budget?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

You may find cheaper hotels elsewhere, but the Latin Quarter is a convenient location, especially for first-time visitors.

Nyack, New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

I would advice, the Latin Quarter, Le Marais area or the Opera area. Those quarter probably fit your requirements.

delhi
Level Contributor
48 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

Thank you

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,573 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

You part of the problem is there are literally hundreds of hotels ,,in your budget range, in decent areas,, etc. You eventually just have bite the bullet and book, and for a June trip I would do it sooner rather then later( June is very popular). Then just let it go.. I know cause I drive myself crazy with this sort of stuff sometimes too. I have stayed in 8 or 9 different hotels in Paris and all of them were fine, yes, I liked one or two better, but they all had their strengths or weaknesses( fluffier towels at one, more tv channels, less noise, etc etc) but they were all just small small details, the whole picture is they were all good.

Good luck, there is some good suggestions above,, I would also add St Germain(6th) to the list.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,573 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

The "you part" of my post should have been edited out, didn't notice it till posted and edit time limit went by,, I meant, "I think part of the problem is" not "you part" lol

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,679 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

You have a wide choice so try to narrow it down by selecting an area or two. If you want to stay central and within walking distance to popular sights, then near to the 2 islands (de la Cité and St-Louis) would be good.

You already got some good suggestions, can check other nearby hotels for more options. Venere.com has a convenient layout for picking hotels by area, but verify prices on hotels' official website before booking, they may be lower.. and check reviews and the TA Paris Hotels list on top left.

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

In league with joan1 @6, I submit that there is no way out except the hotel reviews here in TripAdvisor, to which many experts, bloggers and advisors send many inquirers. The one thing I often don't find reliable about them is price guidelines (Trip seems to stick with rack rates) but you can't do better for reviews - except sometimes it's good to "throw out the best and the worst" if they're real outliers. I know, sounds like faint praise, but you can't do better.

Edited: 27 January 2012, 23:11
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,132 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris hotels- overwhelmed!

>>>>it's good to "throw out the best and the worst" if they're real outliers. <<<

This is how i evaluate hotels and apartments. I throw out the "5s" because nothing is absolutely perfect and I throw out the "1s" because no place is completley awful I pay attention to the 2-3-4 star consumer ratings. They are far less likely to be bogus reviews.

Edited: 28 January 2012, 00:24