We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

Al Hofuf, Saudi...
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to go to Paris in April for 3(or 4) days(but most probable 3 days). I'm going to book in a hotel near champs-élysées street. So, I'm wondering whither it's enough period to taste Paris' passion( visit the most common places that most people would go to)?

I decided to take a tour that I found in an website

viator.com/tours/…d479-3588SEGWAY01

What do you think of this tour? Does it go to all the wanted places? What does it miss(if there is)?

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours
1 Visit 4 You
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Original Food Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Driver-Guide-France
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,683 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

Viatour is just a middle man agency, they sell other peoples tours, often with a higher price( but not always) so check with Fat Tire Bike tours, they do the Segeway tours, look at their website and see if the price is comparable.

I wouldn't choose to stay near the Champs Elysees, its a boring area, mostly large chain shops,, and over priced cafes, but rather consider something near or in the 4th 5th or 6th arrondissemonts. More convenient for walking to many sites, ( Notre Dame, Ste Chapelle, the Cluny and Orsay, even the Louvre) .

You may be interested in a hop on and off bus tour, they circle 4 different routes and stop at all major tourist sites, they provide earphones for a basic commentary( available in many langauges) and you can just visit a site and jump back on bus and continue on as you wish. L'Open Tour is a good company. You buy the tickets when you board the bus, a two day pass is only a few euros more then a one day pass, so a good way to get used to Paris.

Mentioned in this post
Fat Tire Tours Paris
Fat Tire Tours Paris
5,759 Reviews
Paris, France
Champs-Elysees
Champs-Elysees
17,097 Reviews
Paris, France
France Louvre
France Louvre
293 Reviews
Paris, France
L'OPEN
L'OPEN
64 Reviews
Coignieres, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,683 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

And no, three days is not enough, four is better, but then I could never spend less then that in any great city,, similar to Rome and London, three days is too short! Some people are happy with short visits though, only you can tell.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
London
London
England, UK
Al Hofuf, Saudi...
Level Contributor
24 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

Thanks my friend for your advices...

My whole trip will be for 15 days starting in Spain for 6 days(2 Barcelona, 2 Madrid, 2 Marbella) then 6days(or 5 depends on how long I'll spend in Paris) at the end Paris for 3 days(or 4 as I said depends if I spend 5 days in London I'll be in Paris for 4 days and if 6 in London then Paris will be for 3 days)

So I decided to go to the most places that everyone would go to

By the way, I'm going with one of my friends(we're only 2) so it's ok if I spend the whole day going around

When I asked about that tour I mentioned, I meant how good it is(the places that it takes you to)... And thanks for the suggested websites... I'll check them out

Any other advices, suggestions, or any other thing?

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
London
London
England, UK
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,683 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

Well I do not like to shop, and I love museums, what do you enjoy? You must always plan your visit around your interests,, not just what other people tell you.

Edited: 30 January 2012, 18:18
Little Rock
Level Contributor
626 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

I really enjoyed the Fat Bike Tour during my last visit. The guide was knowledgeable and I felt Parisian for about all of one minute. I hadn't been on a bike in 25 years. But everyone rides bikes in Paris so it was fun.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,683 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

ngozi23,, yes I love those tours too!

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
264 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

in regards to time, there is never enough. it is simply a matter of doing what you can with the time you have.

as for tours, someone mentioned the Fat Tire Bike Tour... my wife and I did the Versailles one and had an absolute blast. if asked separately, both of us would state that in 11 days spread through Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome, that was probably our single favorite activity.

Mentioned in this post
Fat Tire Tours Paris
Fat Tire Tours Paris
5,759 Reviews
Paris, France
Versailles
Versailles
Yvelines, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

I suggest the l'OpenTour hop-on, hop-off bus tour at the start of everyone's first visit, no matter how long the stay will be. As another commenter says, they have four loops. You get an airline old-style headset, and you choose your language. You can sit up on the open deck or inside street-level, but you're far better off waiting to do it on a nice day than to do the tour downstairs inside.

[I have nothing to do with l'OpenTour.]

Edited: 30 January 2012, 19:56
Hayti, Missouri
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

The free Sandemans walking tours are also great if you don't have a lot of time in the city and just want to see as much of it as possible.

10. Re: 3 days in Paris, enough? Some good tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2013, 10:28