We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
47 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

ID#69 - Maria's Marais Apartment

22 rue du Petit Thouars

http://www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_69.htm

Please help us choose the right apartment for us! We are leaving in 3 weeks! We are a family of two adults and two teens. We don't mind a small space as long as we all have a place to sleep. We will be using the RER to go to Disneyland and CDG. Thanks in advance!

ID#108 - Odeon Style Central Studio

14 rue Gregoire de Tours

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_108.htm

ID#133 - Marais Studio Catherine

60 Rue Chapon

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_133.htm

ID#152 - Montmartre/Sacre Coeur One Bedroom

6 rue Houdon

www.vacationinparis.com/apts/id_152.htm

The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours
1 Visit 4 You
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Original Food Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Driver-Guide-France
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

HI there

I'll bump this. I haven't stayed in these apartments but others may have.

Kind Regards

Merran

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

I have stayed in # 133 by myself.

I recall saying it's a good size for 2 people and maybe a small child but no more than that. In your circumstanaces there is no way I would stay there with the 4 of you.

Also, this is a street with many wholesale stores who keep odd hours. if you have the windows open and are light sleepers, expect to be woken up.

I am a heavy sleeper and was woken on the odd occassion but found it easy to go back to sleep.

I did like the neighbourhood and do recommend the apartment as long as you took into account what I have said above.

PS. Here is a link to the photos I took of the apartment - …photobucket.com/albums/…

Edited: 31 January 2012, 23:49
los angeles
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

Wow, it's great to hear back from someone who has stayed at one of the properties.

My feeling in general was that the studios will be very snug for four people. Will the 2 teens share the pull out bed? I think in all the studios they are full size--which could be narrow if the 2 teens are large. (Keep in mind that a full size bed is not a queen or king.)

I know the studios that have the loft bed ("mezzanine") configuration (and i think there are 3 on your list) would not work for me. There's not enough room, really, between your face and the ceiling. And if there's a middle of the night bathroom call, forget it--down the ladder you go, walking up the people who are sleeping below.

In the studio that is one level, though, you're right on top of each other when the couch bed is pulled out, so . . .

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

Well, they are all very small, but if it has to be one of those, I think a loft bed makes good use of limited space. I assume you would be putting the 'kids' up there. I know my girls have never had a problem getting in and out of a loft bed, or with the limited space - in fact nor have I, despite being over 50, lol! - but we are all midgets, my younger daughter at 5ft 2in is the tallest of us, and we are all Uk size 8 or 6. It would be a completely different story if yours are 6-foot-plus muscular males!!

Whilst on the face of it the third one - with a separate bedroom - might seem better, I note that it specifies the apartment is for 3 adults, or 2 adults plus 2 children, with the sofabed being suitable only for one adult or 2 children, so you would need to enquire how they define a child. If you turn up and find that they think you are trying to 'get away with' using the apartment for 4 adult-sized people, you could get in serious trouble as they could treat it as a violation of the booking terms, you could at worst be refused entry and forfeit your deposit.

ireland
Level Contributor
976 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

Does it have to be VIP. This one in Montmartre, www.vrbo.com/222895 I hope the link works, seems to be available. I haven't stayed here myself, but, it is managed by Jean Noel Cassan, who seems very well regarded on TA, I have read nothing but good about him.

Edited: 01 February 2012, 16:20
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
47 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

Thanks for your help! I'm going to start looking at vrbo and centreparis. More questions to come!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
523 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

We've stayed in VIP #69 - loved it so much that we are returning in September.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
523 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

Just re-read the original post. While we loved VIP #69 - the loft bed is great for two and the sofa bed will sleep two - I'd say that with four people - it would be a tad crowded. The sofa bed isn't as comfortable (our daughter joined us for a few days and we gave her the loft) .

Anyway - I'd look further if I were you. It's super for two and manageable for three.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

Are you looking at the VIP apartments yourself, or is VIP helping you?

If you haven't, contact VIP and tell them your requirements. They can put together a list of available apartments.

10. Re: Need help choosing an apartment Vacationinparis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:21