We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel du chemin vert - sham?

Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
hotel du chemin vert - sham?

I'm browsing hotels in advance of a trip and was surprised to find this hotel ranked 103. This hotel only has 5 reviews, all written on the same day, and each is a five star excellent. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel?

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,635 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

I know nothing about the hotel but the recent reviews from the same date probably just mean the hotel got listed on TripAdvisor at that time. The hotel probably encouraged their clients to write reviews when they decided to submit their hotel to TA reviews and as soon as the listing was ready and the reviews checked by TA, they all got posted at once. While it may look strange it doesn't mean there's anything shady about it.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

and these 5 reviews are all from first-time posters on TA...! Besides, I really wonder how it can be ranked 103 of 1 849 with so few reviews?

Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

Ah that might make sense! I wasn't convinced by the first review as I was written quite like an advert - I'll hang fire and keep an eye!

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
8,635 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

OK now that I see what Paul_Hamelin said and checked the reviewers' profiles, yes, they all seem made up by the hotel owners as 4 out of 5 have the same type of user name: first name and initial of last name (rather than more original user names).

It's obviously a brand new hotel. The google street view still shows the place as being a Kyriad hotel but the strange thing is the Kyriad website still has it listed as one of their locations.

Level Contributor
114 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

Mm its coming up as kyraid on expedia -seemed an ok price but I'll keep looking!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

This can be reported to TA

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,914 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

"Stephanie b" writes such poor French for a resident of Calais that one does rather wonder.

8. Re: hotel du chemin vert - sham?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 10:23