We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket jeunes question

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
579 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket jeunes question

Might sound stupid but I am confused about the Ticket jeunes or Jeunes 26 ticket. After reading multiple postings, some said it's for people under 26 and others said it's for people who are 26 and under, which one is correct? Can this be purchased in regular ticket machine or counter only?? Thank you in advanced for your help!!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket jeunes question

Ticket Jeunes Week-end is for those under 26 (not 26) and machines sell them -- be sure to fill it out (name, date).

transilien.com/web/…en

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket jeunes question

It's worth mentioning again that these tickets are ONLY valid on Saturdays, Sundays, and national holidays.

The machines will let you PURCHASE them any day of the week, but you can only USE them on weekends and holidays.

Make sure you have a copy of your passport or other ID with you, too -- if you are stopped for a ticket check in the system (which has been more and more common in recent years), you will also have to prove that you are under 26. (it's a quirk of the French system that "under 26" is used, rather than "25 and under")

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket jeunes question

under 26 seems clear to me, on the pure 'maths' side ;-)

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,954 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket jeunes question

It is -- but I've never seen an age limit expressed that way in an Anglophone country -- in any of those, you'd see "25 and under" -- so the first instinct (based on what you're used to) is to see "under 26" and to assume that it means "26 and under"

It's grammatically and mathematically correct, yes, but when it's stated a different way than that to which you are accustomed, it can cause a stumble.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,206 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket jeunes question

Just to back up Sunshine - In the UK under-18s are not allowed to buy alcohol. You have to be 18 or over. Under-16s are not legally allowed to have sex (Yeah, I know). You have to be 16 or over. Under 12s are not allowed to watch a 12 certificate film at the cinema........ I could go on, but you get the point.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,899 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket jeunes question

"After reading multiple postings, some said it's for people under 26 and others said it's for people who are 26 and under, which one is correct?"

The rules are indeed quite clear but the OP got confused by some of the postings... My earlier post provides a link with all the rules and conditions that apply (including the need to have proof of age).

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
579 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket jeunes question

Thank you all :D

8. Re: Ticket jeunes question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 10:28