We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iceland Air to Paris

ny
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Iceland Air to Paris

Any experience flying Iceland Air from NY to Paris?

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

Not personally, but many have, and mostly from New York and Boston because they advertise some great fares from those departure cities. I've not heard any complaints.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

I see you are from NY. With so many non stop options, except for fare, why take an airline that stops in route.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

Because the fares are sometimes ridiculously low, hemlock. Truly. I've seen them as low as $400RT on occasion.

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

You can check out their rankings and some reviews here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/seats.htm

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

Aer Lingus has flights for roughly $75 per person more with one stop in Dublin and they have *much* better reviews in general. Maybe check them out?

And in answer to someone wondering about the non-stop options. Right now the differential between a non-stop flight and one connection is roughly $300.

Edited: 10 February 2012, 15:30
Puget Sound
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

No prior experience to report, but I've booked with them for a Seattle-Paris RT later this year. $, and good connection times were factors, but a big motivator for me was the fare rules allow a stayover in Iceland without added ticket cost. Having never been there, I'm planning to spend a couple of days on my way home.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

We took Icelandair from Seattle to Paris last year because the fare was the lowest available, but also it was the quickest. I looked on Hipmunk http://www.hipmunk.com and the "Agony" factor was the lowest. (The "Agony" rating, in case you have not used the site combines the cost with length of flight to rank things that hurt the least.)

The fare was $863, compared to other airlines fares of $1,200 to $1,500. The flight time was 11 hours 30 minutes, compared to 15 to 18 hours for other one stop flights on other carriers.

I must say that Icelandair is a REALLY no frills airline! They charge for every little thing, so be prepared for that. The food they serve is not only expensive, but some of it is a bit weird. Bring your own food. The only other negative was the seats. The aircraft are all right, but they are obviously configured for short hauls, as the seats are some sort of vinyl, with little padding. After eleven and a half hours one gets EXTREMELY cushion conscious! Bring a seat pad!!! You can afford one with the money you save.

Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

Oh my goodness. I've never seen that site before. That's fantastic! And I just discovered that my 'cheapest return flight' for July which I bought a couple of weeks ago has the lowest "Agony" rating, both ways. Yay me :)

Thank you for the link!

*bookmarks for future use*

9. Re: Iceland Air to Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:48