We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather!!!!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather!!!!

I am flying into Paris on Sunday for a week! The weather report looks awful!!! Is it as bad as it looks?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,057 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather!!!!

There's nothing bad about it.

There's a dusting of snow left on the ground, and the highs are in the 20s.

Pretty tame aside of a Boston winter -- and it's even supposed to get above freezing this week.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather!!!!

We are surviving. Don't bring your flip flops this trip.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather!!!!

It is cold now but it is supposed to warm up, which will bring some rain. Normal weather for Paris. But do keep in mind that weather services are rarely able to predict the weather with any useful accuracy more than a day or so in advance.

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather!!!!

Ok thank you! The weather shows rain but mid 40's. I just didn't know if that meant rain all day. I'm hoping not! I really want to walk everywhere when we get there. Boston has had a mild winter so we've been spoiled.

Thanks for all your help.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,057 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather!!!!

No worries -- Paris is beautiful in the rain, too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,054 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather!!!!

Paris tends to be showery -- it is fairly rare (although it does happen) to have it pouring all day. This fall, even on days it rained, it tended to be at night or perhaps a late day shower. I think we had unusually great weather though.

And yes Paris is stunning in the rain. We actually did several evening walks on the bridges of Paris and in various picturesque parts of town in the rain at night just to enjoy how beautiful it looks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather!!!!

I keep hearing that Paris is beautiful in the rain, and I'm sure it is, the thought of dragging around an umbrella too doesn't sound fun! I am sure once I get there, I will appreciate what you are all saying. 5 more days.....

Paris, France
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather!!!!

The cold spell appears to be over as the temp is around 6°C today.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather!!!!

Since you'll be there for a week you should get dry time and some rain, maybe some colder days too but this time of year it's to be anticipated.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
332 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather!!!!

I was in Paris years ago and it rained every day except one. As stated above, Paris is beautiful in the rain. Take an umbrella, your boots and go out and enjoy yourself.

as always,

Phyllis