We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay while on honeymoon

White Plains, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay while on honeymoon

Hello everyone,

I am in the midst of planning my honeymoon in Paris sometime in early August. I would love to get some recommendations of areas/neighborhoods in Paris. Ideally, I would prefer somewhere close to the sights but not too far from shopping, restaurants and all that other cultural stuff. Oh and since I am at it, does anyone have anything bad to say about those Airbnb sites that offer places to stay? ThankS!

Bastille Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Mouffetard Market
Flea & Street Markets
Rue Cler
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay while on honeymoon

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I can't answer all of your questions, but in general I'd recommend anywhere in arrondissements 1-6. Mind you, in other central neighborhoods, you'll be near restaurants and cultural attractions, too, and those areas would have their benefits, too. But in the very core of the city, you can easily walk along the river and see some of the more famous sights of the city.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay while on honeymoon

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

The above info about Airbnb is from this site.

Are you looking for hotels or apartments? For apartments, click in the upper left hand side of this page for 'Vacation Rentals' for ideas.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,365 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay while on honeymoon

When I think honeymoon, I think young. Which, today, is no longer the case.

If, however you are young, there are several options (several for us seniors, too, but different).

The 10th and 11th near the Canal St Martin is romantic... walking in late along the water. Yummy. It is also younger and more dynamic and more affordable than places in, say, the 6th.

The 3rd, upper 4th is über hip and trendy with lots of sexy, stylish people out and about.

Finally, the 5th has a serious student edge. Totally central with lots of other visitors and plenty of affordable eats, or fancy restaurants.

White Plains, New...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay while on honeymoon

I am interested in staying in an apartment. Thanks everyone, this is very helpful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay while on honeymoon

I'd recommend Hotel Ares Eiffel or La Villa D'estrées, both are on the left bank, beautiful locations and wonderful hotels. However if you only need the location I'd say Paris 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, so basically the heart of the city around Ile de la Cite. Have a great time!

Just in case:

http://www.ares-paris-hotel.com/

http://www.villadestrees.com/

Cambria, California
Level Contributor
128 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay while on honeymoon

vrbo.com has apartments everywhere in Paris.

historicrentals.com has two one bedroom apartments, with king beds, in the Latin Quarter.

Also try rothray.com.

7. Re: Best place to stay while on honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:01