We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RS transport?

Melbourne, Aust
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
5 helpful votes
RS transport?

We are going from Charles de Gaulle airport to Euro Disney, what have been people's experiences of the RS transport. It is a little c

cheaper than using the VEA shuttle.

We are 2 adults, 2 children and a good amount of luggage!

Any recommendations?

tx

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
20 posts
125 reviews
120 helpful votes
11. Re: RS transport?

Used them for two routes last year. Paris to Rouen was fine (although they arrived late) but for the second - from central Paris to Disneyland - they rang our hotel the day before to say that they wouldn't be able to do it at the arranged time (despite booking months before) as they had another engagement! We were unhappy as it reduced our time in Disneyland so we cancelled and booked someone else. We did get a refund but minus a cancellation fee as we hadn't cancelled earlier! How could we have done that as they only told us of the problem the day before. I would look elsewhere.

12. Re: RS transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 11:35
Edited: 16 October 2013, 11:35
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
3 helpful votes
13. Re: RS transport?

I hesitated about replying to a forum on the shuttle/car transfer services in Paris as it gets slammed so badly but after surviving 2 counts of it in Pairs, I thought I should write my 2 cents for those who are doing some research on RS Transport (aka BS Transport as the name on the email receipt shows) but were struggling to find reviews on them!

I wanted to split the risk between both taxi and airport transfer so I planned to do the former on my arrival to Paris and latter on departure (since i assume luggage will be heavier and more difficult to manage at the end of a trip).

When i landed, not too long a wait for a taxi but our family of 4 + our 4 luggage will not be able to fit into 1 taxi. Assume a trip to city center is about EUR 45-60 that would have cost me slightly over EUR 100. We ended up taking the RER train...

I took a leap of faith by booking a trip from Paris city center to Disneyland with RS transport. I found their rates to be one the most reasonable ones around (at the confirmation page you have the option of paying in advance by credit card EUR 67.5 or later in cash EUR 80 for a difference in price). For a family of 4, private shuttle, a big blue van arrived to pick us and here was plenty of space... no struggle whatsoever. Having read about no-show i was a bit paranoid so in the morning of the pick-up date, I got the hotel to help call and remind/confirm with them.

In the end I booked them again for the drive from Disneyland to CDG airport as our bags increased to 5 pieces. No issues with booking it 2 days in advance (again i got the hotel's help to call them to confirm the reservation). Both times the driver was on time. The first one was quite chatty.. I liked the second drive better :) but both helped us with our bags.

Also a little more tip: for my transfer to the airport, I did NOT let the webpage default to the suggested pick-up time (they work backwards 2hrs from your flight time). I put in a flight time 1 hour ahead of the actual departure so that i will not have to compromise on doing tax refund.

scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
117 reviews
53 helpful votes
14. Re: RS transport?

hi we are just back from Disney and although 10 euros cheaper each way for a family of 8 females, I will not be using their service again. on arrival they were there waiting with a board with our name and van outside. great start. I loaded the back with the bags whilst he opened the door and flip seat so kids could get in the van. I was in the front seat and several times pleaded with him to slow down and to keep a safer distance from the vehicles in front. I had 6 children with us from 3 families and felt very responsible for all our safety. He would speed up and break heavy constantly, didn't always indicate, & checked message on phone, all of this in heavy rain. I am disgusted with how he took obvious pleasure from scaring me and the kids for the entire transfer. I actually began to feel sick as did one of the kids, and I also told him that ive been in an accident and would rather get there a bit later than risk our lives, he then proceeded to tell me he goes up and down this road 6 or 7 times a day and no accident. I also told him paul walker and his friend were experienced race track drivers and look what happened to them, and that is why they are called accidents, not deliberates. this didn't make a blind bit of difference. I gave him a tip & told him im giving it to him on the understanding that he is not our return driver. He said he is one of the slower drivers. this made me worry about the return journey for the entire break.

RETURN.

we booked for a quarter past pick up, and the man was there for 6pm, great, but the kids were eating and I asked him if he wanted to wait until they are finished or to let them eat in the van. he said he would wait. so no pressure, had 15 mins after all, and sent kids to toilet etc, but the man passed his mobile to me, saying my boss. The boss told me to get in the van as he as another pick up and we should have been gone. EH!

so we get in and I asked the man not to drive too fast. I chose to sit in the back in the hope that I will not be as fearful for our lives. we hadn't even got onto the motorway roads before he had his first traffic violation. He was in the wrong lane to turn and he wheel spinned away to cut into the correct lane, making other motorists beep their horns etc. Everyone started to panic and all hell broke loose, he told us to stop worrying or he will worry etc shouting back at my daughter who was in the front. I had visions of us being abandoned on the layby and not making our flight so felt we had no option but to be quiet and pray we make it in one piece. I did not leave a tip on the return journey. I don't really leave feedback, but I promised myself i would on this occasion. avoid at all costs. not worth saving 20 euros for eight passengers. (I wonder if my husband was there would they have taken more notice of his pleas or was it culture thing against women) who knows.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
37 reviews
24 helpful votes
15. Re: RS transport?

Avoid we waited 50 minutes for them to take us from Disneyland to Paris hotel. Called them and they said taxi would be 10 minutes.Hotel called them and they said they had no record of our booking. Awful.

16. Re: RS transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:16