We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parc de la Villette childrents events

Rockville, MD
Level Contributor
185 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Parc de la Villette childrents events

I am visiting Paris with my 4 year old son and it seems that the park has events for children. Unfortunately neither of us speak French so I was wondering if I should still take my son. The website does not have an English version so I'm wondering if the events would accomodate non French speakers?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,775 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parc de la Villette childrents events

There are about a dozen events for kids in your son's age group just in the next few weeks, but unless otherwise indicated, it is best to assume that they'll be conducted entirely in French. On the current calendar I see nothing to indicate that Anglophones can be accommodated at these events. Most of them look like they involve a lot of talking and explanation to the kids, so kids who don't speak French might not get anything useful out of them.

Nevertheless, even without a specific event to attend, the park is a nice place for kids, as there is a large playground and other attractions. There's the huge science museum with its well-known Cité des Enfants, specially designed to appeal to the youngest children. There's an IMAX theater, and a "dynamic" theater (that moves during the show). There's a real submarine that you can visit. There's a lot of room to run around, and a lot of interesting spots that might hold a 4-year-old's attention for a while. There are a dozen or so small themed gardens to visit, like the Bamboo Garden or the Vine Garden, or the Mirror Garden, and so on.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parc de la Villette childrents events

Kids love to explore the park, which has lots of "mysterious" pathways leading to new discoveries. There's also the "Dragon" which is a very popular slide that the kids can't get enough of.

3. Re: Parc de la Villette childrents events

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 22:21