We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris 2.5 Days

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Paris 2.5 Days

Unfortunantly I know there will be people that say it cant be done but its all I got, My wife and I are going to be going for a whirlwind sort of tour in july 2013 date still to be determined.

But we will be arriving in Paris on a Tuesday around Noonish after traking the train from London (Could be a bit earlier but noonish is about as late as I want to be)

Just trying to plan my next few days:

Tuesday afternoon I am trying to find stuff like maybe go over and see Arc de Triomphe, Then I am not really sure what else could fit in sort looking for stuff that is just kind of looking at it for this day.

Day 2 I think we will go over the Effile tower nice and early since the hotel we are looking at is close by.

Other then that I am not sure which the best plan of attake it, We are not museum painting sort of people we are more old cool buildings as some of you might have seen my post in the london fourm. We will most likely just visit the lourve (Probably morning of day 3.

Just looking for some feed back on what will work, I want to do a river curise and illuminatio tour on the last night (If my plan works out this will be our actual 10 year anniversiery and end it with watching the effile tower light up)

Would like ot see Notre Dame and well and would like to climb the towers so I think possible morning day 3 if we dont do the lourve?

Does the lourve quiet down at night? I know it is open late wednesday which is day 2 in paris would that be a good time to go.

Would also like to see versiallis (Sp?) but I think it will have to wait.

Any help would be great from the seasons travellers.

Also one last question we are probably going to be taking Easyjet flight from Orly to venice the flight I want (If its the same nexy year) leaves at 8:30 Do we have to be at the airport like 3 hrs early for these flights? The flight will be a friday morning.

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Puget Sound
Level Contributor
908 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris 2.5 Days

I think your hotel location will be of prime importance given the stay is so short. The 6th District, near the river would be ideal due to its central location, great charm, great architcture, cafe culture, etc.

I also think your preliminary ideas focus too heavily on the a couple of things, principally the Champs Elysee/Arc (not the Paris I like). Notre Dame and/or the Eiffel Tower will be enough "Paris from atop" venues. Paris, more than any city I've visited, is best enjoyed by just walking around and soaking it up.

So here would be my specifics were I in your shoes:

> Adopt the "Limit of One" concept for this trip. One view from atop, one museum, one river cruise, one market street, etc.

> Do as much walking to venues as you can -- often times you'll be more charmed by the passage than the destination.

As to what I would choose as the "must sees" or the "ones":

> Rue Mouffetard or Rue Montorgueil for the market street.

> The Louvre

> The area of Montmartre west and immediately north of Sacre Coeur.

> The Latin Quarter and St. Germain.

These alone will be very full 2 1/2 days. Enjoy.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,963 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris 2.5 Days

Very good advice above, here is my (slightly different) two cents:

Day 1: Start from your hotel and walk to Notre Dame. Decide once you are there if the lines to the top of the towers are worth it. It's a gorgeous view of Paris, but you can loose alot of time in those lines. But walking around Ile de la Cite is really cool anyways - beautiful architechture. Cross the river, and spend the evening around Rue Mouffetard for some beer and "Latin Quarter vibe". If you still have energy, end the night at Place du Trocadero, with awesome views of the Tower.

Day 2: Start with a visit to the Eiffel Tower. Go to the Louvre. Walk to Centre Georges Pompidou (a modern building with lots of activity around). Walk to rue Montorgeuiel. Walk to Champs Elysees - hopefully see the Arc de Triomphe in the evening, when the C-E is lit up.

Day 3: Leave free for catching up, shopping, or revisiting....Maybe take a river cruise.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
979 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris 2.5 Days

If it is really July 2013, you have plenty of time to buy and read a guidebook to know more about Paris and discover a few aspects that may be of interest to you. The two preceding posters did give you already many good and useful hints. You could also take a 1/2 day coach tour (not the hoho bus, it takes too much of your scarce time) to see most of the attractions, including those that you won't have time to go to.

4. Re: Paris 2.5 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:41