We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please review my apartment choices

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Please review my apartment choices

Hello everyone

Well after our agency apartment fell through, we decided to take the plunge and look at VRBO, homelidays and homeaway.

I sent out quite a few requests and have received responses from most people. For the others, I have sent out a folow up emails.

From the responses we received so far, these are the ones we like:

1)

homelidays.co.uk/paris-01/apartment-flat-238…

2)

homelidays.co.uk/paris-04/apartment-flat-326…

3)

homelidays.co.uk/paris-05/apartment-flat-300…

4)

homelidays.co.uk/paris-06-quartier-latin/apa…

5)

homelidays.co.uk/paris-07/apartment-flat-382…

6)

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p388349

7)

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p667114a

8)

http://www.vrbo.com/208577

9)

http://www.vrbo.com/245938

10)

http://www.vrbo.com/313005

11)

http://www.vrbo.com/390608

12)

your-vacation-rental-by-owner-in-paris.com/s…

I know there are a lot of them and you all probably get these post every day but I would really appreciate your help. This is our first time in Paris and I dont want it to be a horrible experience.

Thanks in advance.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please review my apartment choices

Here are my comments on the first 4. The one right at Pompidou/Les Halles looks nice inside, but that area would not be my first choice. It also looked as though it was on a very busy street.

The second one in the Marais I liked. I also see from the picture of the exterior that there is a Franprix grocery store directly across from it - that's handy. I like the area too.

The third one - Gobelins, was a 2 bedroom at 46 sq metres. Since I think it was just you and your husband travelling, the second bedroom might be a waste and is just taking more space away from the general living area (since the other 1 bedroom places you have posted seem to be around the same size).

The 4th one I immediately scratched off the list because it says lively area and located right near a nightclub.

I'll have a look at the others now.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please review my apartment choices

The 5th one the bedroom was quite small, there was no lift in the building, not sure if that's an issue

The 6th one was right on Boulevard St. Germain and might be quite noisy. While it's a great location in St. Germain, it's more of a studio with just the steps up to the bed. I wasn't a fan of that setup.

The 7th one I liked, in the Latin Quarter behind the pantheon. It seems like a decent size.

The 8th one near the Eiffel Tower looks nice - no glaring issues with that one.

The 9th one I love! The rue de Buci is great, the apartment looks nice.

The 10th one in the 1st is nicely decorated, and handy to many sites. The area is not the most lively in the evenings.

The 11th one, Napoleon's Nest, did nothing for me. Not sure why.

The 12th one was nice, in the Marais. 3 1/2 floor up? I didn't quite understand that, but there was no lift, so keep that in mind.

So my first choice is the rue de Buci one (#9) and my second choice would be #2 in the Marais.

I haven't reviewed any of the terms, or any great detail about each place. These are just my general first thoughts.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please review my apartment choices

Always check the exact size of the bed. "double" in Europe can be quite small. 4ft 6inches. Always ask about the cleaning fees and arrangements for security deposit return..

1st one. Looks nice but I am confused about the location. Says>>" Located in the center of Paris, near of the district of the Forum and the Georges Pompidou Center, “universe of the mode, the spectacles and the contemporary culture”. Very alive district, at two minutes of the "Marais", "Hotel de Ville", "Opera", "Notre Dame"<< and then "Just a step from Republique has the station Oberkampf (photos on inquiry) " al the mentioned locations are nowhere near each other. If it is near Oberkanpf metro, I like this area and Republique is great for getting around, but these are far away from Pompidou, etc.

2nd Nice photos, good reviews. Good location convenient for getting around.The ensuite shower room may create privacy problems if the was somebody sleeping in the living room.

3rd Large flat good price for a family. Nice photos. A bit out of the usual tourist centre. Nice roomy shower.

4th. Always a popular tourist location. "Close to nightclub", Lively area. 1st floor. ( may be noisy.)Photos nice. Terrace handy in good weather.

More later

denise

Love from England

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please review my apartment choices

5th.. agree with pmmcTO the bedroom looks not much more than a cupbard.

6th Popular location, Nice pictures but " The apartment is composed of 2 levels: a six steps staircase leads to bathroom area with shower, large washbasin and washing-machine." and one of the reviewers comments on >>"The stairs down to the bathroom are a little tight, but overall it wasn't an issue for me. The shower was smaller than a typical American shower"<<

7th Love this location and the pictures are nice, but 900 euro damage deposit!!! and 66 euro cleaning!!

8th. Pictures nice, but not really clear on the location. The map just shows you where the Eiffel tower is. Would need to know the address.

9th Nice area, nice photos, small but perfectly laid out. but again a hefty

security deposit.

10th Lovely! if you are new to Paris this is a great location. May be a bit noisy facing rue de Rivoli. but check out the view of the Tuilleries! Expensive and 400 euro security deposit. No reviews, may be because it is newly renovated.

11th ( losing the will to live now!LOL!) No security deposit her Nice pictures. Again no specific location. Quiet area.

12th As pmmcTO says 3 and a half floors?? and no lift. Never heard of this agancy and no reviews. Nice pictures, but must be a wardrobe somewhere as good size.

Phew!!

Denise

Love from Bolton.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,079 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please review my apartment choices

Denise, I admire your tenacity at actually reviewing the details of all the apartments.

I just gave them each a general look at the pictures and description. I didn't even glance at the reviews. And even that took a fair amount of time.

Seekfind, because looking at all 12 is a bit of a daunting chore to most, you might want to narrow it down to a few at a time, for people to be willing to review them for you. :-)

Mumbai
Level Contributor
212 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please review my apartment choices

Help please. I am looking for an apt, preferably a studio which would rent in the range of 400 to 450 per week. I am getting cross eyed looking thru stacks of photos and reviews. Just want something comfortable,safe and clean. Am travelling with my 8 year old grand daughter and I want it to be a fun holiday for her. Travelling dates from 22 May to 28th May...but dates are adjustable. Any good suggestions are welcome. Maybe even a B n B with an older couple.

Spring Hill, Florida
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Please review my apartment choices

I agree with the others that #2 looks very nice. It has a lot of great reviews, and seems to have everything you could want. One review noted that the owner only speaks French, but has a woman helping her out that speaks perfect English.

One thing I noticed about #10 (which also looks very nice) is in the bathroom. It says there is a tub/shower, but if you look at the photo, it appears the shower is the handheld variety. I found this a lot when I was doing my own apartment search, and often ruled places out for that reason. I don't really like the idea of having to hold the shower head the entire time I'm bathing. But not everyone would mind that, and you would have more space with the tub than with some of the smaller shower stalls in Paris apartments. Something to consider.

I'll admit, I only skimmed the listings because there were so many. Maybe if you narrow them down some, we can look more closely? Good luck! Apartment searching was probably the most stressful part of my trip planning. There are so many out there, it can feel impossible to choose.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
975 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please review my apartment choices

ktinde: you should start a new topic, because your requirements are totally different to those of this thread and would probably get unnoticed or would create a great confusion with the original query.

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Please review my apartment choices

Hi guys.

Thanks. I will narrow them down this weekend and post again.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
106 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please review my apartment choices

The rue de Buci (6th) apartment looked really nice and the location is great, but you should be aware that there are lots of cafes on the street, so it can be a bit noisy. But again, it's convenient to anything you could need and I love the area. The Tuileries view apt, in the 1st is one I've considered in the past and is through an agency that I have used and trust (and they will take the security deposit in US dollars so that you don't have to give them all those euros), and the location is wonderful as well. I've stayed in both those areas and like them both...the right bank is a bit quieter. You should narrow down your choices by both location (some of them are more central than others) and needs (I won't rent an apartment with a bed less than a queen (160cm) because we did it once and I wasn't happy). They'll probably all have security deposits that just may not be listed (don't know of apartments that don't require one), so you should find that out, and I don't like when the cleaning fees are added on unless the apartment is a real bargain.